2008 Honda Jazz Reviews

Year of manufacture2008
First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 1.3 petrol Manual
Previous carToyota ECHO

Summary:

A bit slow but very practical and top quality

Nothing, but the car has only done 1000km.

General Comments:

Bought this car, which will mainly be used by my wife, after test driving the Yaris, Swift, Mazda 2 and Colt. The others all had their good points and most were a bit quicker than the Jazz, but none could match it for all round practicality.

Certainly it's slow away from the lights - our old Echo felt marginally quicker - but if you use the gears and keep up the revs it can easily match traffic flow and has some very handy mid range performance - good for cruising and overtaking. It also handles really well, is comfortable and in fact, quite fun to drive.

Interior space is massive for the class and everything feels very good quality. I like the looks, especially the exterior. However I really didn't like the 'fake alloy' wheel trims that seem to be fitted to most base models these days, so I got genuine alloys thrown in as part of the deal, which also included mats, on-road costs and a 5 year warranty and roadside assistance. All for $18,750!

Judging by our previous experience with a CRV and comments by other Jazz owners it should be very reliable.

We're very happy with the Jazz as our 'second car' but for anyone using it as their only vehicle I'd recommend the 1.5 model.

Review Date: 10th February, 2009

2008 Honda Jazz 1.4 from UK and Ireland

Year of manufacture2008

Summary:

Great apart from the handbrake

Handbrake does not hold when on any incline.

General Comments:

I purchased a new Honda Jazz 1.4 in March 2008, and was initially delighted with my purchase. However a couple of weeks after having the car, I was shocked to watch it roll down my driveway. This happened again a short while later, and at this point I took it back to the Honda dealer who checked the handbrake and advised me to park the car not only with the handbrake on, but also in gear.

The problem however is still there, and like a few other people I continue to bring it up with the dealer. I however phoned Honda direct today and they have logged my complaint, but need several other people to complain about the problem with the handbrake before they will recall the vehicles, so please if you have this same problem, phone Honda direct on 0845 200 8000 and hopefully we can get this problem rectified.

Review Date: 10th September, 2008

11th Nov 2008, 04:34

The colleague at my workplace had the same problem with her new Honda Civic. That is probably the usual problem with Honda's and I think the company must take care of this issue as soon as possible.

28th Feb 2009, 09:44

There was some problems with Honda's handbrakes for a while. They were not alone with this problem, though Ford and Vauxhall models were also affected.

However if people did as they should with a manual car when it is parked on a slope or hill, and left it in gear as well, no car would have been rolling away. Sorry but it is fact and confirmed by the Highway Code.