2005 Honda Pilot EXL W/NAVI 255HP from North America

Summary:

In a Class by Itself!

Nothing.

The interior plastic looks nice, but does scrape and scuff easily.

General Comments:

Great car that was taken from the Honda Odyssey frame and engine. 2005+ models have 255 HP and the transmission is powerful, smooth and flawless. AWD with stability control is great and a must for any vehicle of this size. Smart side airbags all around except for the rear passengers. The fuel consumption is a little ugly at first, but I seemded to level out pretty good at around 15,000 mile. I had a new Odyssey before this and it to had low mileage that peaked at around 15,000. All around great SUV, but Honda has realized the demand and adjusted (raised) the prices accordingly. Nothing else in the class even comes close the the Pilot.

Review Date: 25th September, 2006

25th Sep 2006, 21:57

You won't like it nearly as much in a few months when your transmission goes out. We didn't even bother to look at Honda when we bought an SUV because of all the complaints we had read about the transmission problems.

26th Sep 2006, 07:29

I think they have fixed those by now. I have not heard of too many problems with the 05 + models. Yikes, I am glad I won't have to go buy some Ford or Chevy global warming tank.

2005 Honda Pilot LX 6 cylinder awd from North America

Summary:

The car is a dream - highly recommended

Nothing has gone wrong with the auto.

General Comments:

The car handles beautifully. It is a really smart design, with seating for 7 passengers, although three of them have to be children, as the "way back" seat is rather small.

Terrific stowage space; car appears to be in top mechanical shape. All the fancy stuff - global positioning system, heated seats, leather, well made.

I really, really like this car! My only criticism is the price, which is a bit steep for a soccer mom ride.

Review Date: 18th May, 2006

16th Jan 2007, 16:31

I wonder if no one else noticed poor quality of the interior trip. Plastics are cheap and misaligned, door panel looks like taken out of a cheap pickup truck. This was in a LX version, the EX was built better. A lot of car for the money, but where's the quality...?

9th May 2007, 17:07

2005 Pilot EX - defect free so far (24,000 miles). Rides and handles well. Gas mileage o.k. -about 20 mpg in mixed driving. Fit and finish very good. I'd buy another in a New York minute... Only complaint is that FM section of radio is not very good in rural areas, as compared with other factory radios in Dodge, Ford & GM cars I've had. Not the end of the world... CD player sounds great! Lots of space in rear, with seats folded down. Not quite a Crown Vic wagon, but very nice for a family with big pets, or gear to haul. Worth the price.

4th Jul 2010, 19:13

Not worth the price, terrible gas mileage and poor craftsmanship. Interior panels are terrible and rust starting everywhere. Not recommended.

2005 Honda Pilot EX-L 3.5 V6 from North America

Summary:

If you must have an SUV, this is it

Nada!

General Comments:

Fell into the SUV craze with 2 dogs, mountain bikes and the like; I was extremely hesitant to trade in my Audi A4, a super sport sedan for the Pilot. I am at ease now that I have lived with it for a few months.

I don't have a lot of reliability data or costs of ownership to report, but I can say that the Pilot is hands down one of the best SUV's on the road. It has surprisingly quick acceleration (with 255hp in the 05), and the handling is fairly nimble for a 4400lb vehicle.

Review Date: 16th December, 2004

18th Aug 2007, 13:27

Right on. We have a 2004 model, and we love it!!