2008 Hummer H3 Review

2008 Hummer H3 Adventure 3.7 I5 from North America

Year of manufacture2008
Engine and transmission 3.7 I5 Don't Know
Previous carDodge Durango

Summary:

The car had given me a great force during this winter season, driving on snow, ice and sleet

At press time nothing has gone wrong, just a slight reminder of low pressure tire during cold weather.

General Comments:

This car is perfect to me.

Some say that the windows are a bit small or narrow. I'm 5 feet and 8 inches tall, it seems good to me.

The car handles better in the curves. It seemingly when the tires meet the road gives the driver a consolation of safety.

The cabin is just perfect with its five seats but better still if another two folding seats as the third seat could be added.

Review Date: 6th February, 2009

25th Mar 2009, 04:48

Just rented this vehicle for 2 months while my Lexus LX was in the shop after an auto accident.

Some things worth noting:

The driving position relative to the high window sill make sit an enormous chore to do any type of drive-thru banking or ATM use. Even fast food windows and pharmacies were a pain.

My rental had only 18k miles on it, but already the front windshield had a massive water leak at the top center behind the rear view mirror. This only revealed itself during heavy rainstorms or if I ran it through a carwash.

I also had a tire pressure warning sensor that was faulty, all tires were properly inflated.

Driver's door seal was torn in 2 spots, the quality of the rubber seal appeared less than satisfactory.

The rear visibility was very limited, but what's worse is that there is no way to open up the back window to allow longer items to be stowed inside the vehicle.

Very disappointed in this lack of "utility". Hummer should address that one obvious fault asap. Even the FJ Cruiser allows for its tiny back window to open for things to extend out the back.

Overall though, I DID enjoy driving the vehicle and was pleasantly surprised at its offroad capability.

If it weren't for the above mentioned items, I would seriously consider the H3 for a future purchase.

25th Feb 2010, 21:55

Yeah, time will see.

The deal to sell Hummer to the Chinese fell through. The Hummer brand now follows Plymouth, Oldsmobile, Saturn and Pontiac to the automobile brand graveyard...

9th Mar 2010, 18:19

Just bought a used 08 Hummer 3 Alpha, we took it to Victoria BC from Kamloops (approx 400km). I thought it handled very well on the highway, and really stuck to the corners at highway speed. I thought it would handle like a Jeep, but is very stable. Took my dogs for a run up in the mountains and got to use 4x4 for the first time, and am very impressed with the handling in the hills as well. For a small all around SUV summer, winter, or mountains it's a great vehicle. I'm sorry to see that Hummer has gone out of business.

14th Oct 2010, 00:11

History: The H1 was designed by AM General, the military division of AMC Jeep Eagle before GM takeover. Its environment is sand and open spaces (middle east purposes). It can barely manoeuvre in shopping malls or the city.

14th Oct 2010, 08:20

Yes, but this review is about the H3, so what is your point?

Average review marks: 7.8 / 10, based on 1 review