2004 Hyundai Accent GT from North America

Summary:

Not safe to drive!!

Car pulls to the left from day one (66 miles on the car). drove another identical new accent (45 miles on the car) and it does the same. they say it is the torte streering and with it being a small car it pulls to the left. it is a driving hazzard and hard to handle on the road.

General Comments:

HYUNDAI should recall these cars. this usually does not happen until there has been a couple accidents first.

Review Date: 10th October, 2004

25th Aug 2005, 14:33

I Bought my 2004 Hyundai Accent GT in August 2004 with 14 miles on the car.

I now have nearly 6000 miles, and I drive it on the highway everyday. I do not think calling it a "hazard" is a fair comment.

As with all cars if you let go of the wheel long enough it will veer eventually.

I was looking for a smaller car that fits in my budget. This car may not be up to everyone's standards, but for a petite woman like myself, I really do enjoy my car.

13th Jun 2006, 10:44

I love my accent GT, Its got 36000 on it right now and I haven't had any problems with it... except when a skate boarder decided to go through my drivers side window... but not the cars fault and a drunk man decided to cream a bunch of parked cars after passing out, mine included... but over all even after that it drives like the first day I've had it.

Hyundai did a great job at pricing this little car for all it has to offer. And like the last comment, being petite as well, it's a perfect fit!

5th Jul 2007, 11:58

I took my 2004 Hyundai Accent in to the dealer 4 seperate times for the speed dropping and rpms ranging from 4500 to 5000, and the dealer could not find out what is wrong with it. Took to two (2) dealers and both said the same thing. No codes appear for them to go on. At wits end.

15th Oct 2009, 17:03

I have a brother who is 6'6" and is driving an 04 accent and loves it. He takes long (6 hour) road trips to come home to visit frequently and hasn't had a single problem with it. If you have veering problems, it's more than likely just a question of unbalanced tires. Take it in and get it fixed and you'll love the car.

2004 Hyundai Accent Base 1.6 DOHC from North America

Summary:

A real bargain

Nothing so far... Knock on wood!

General Comments:

I was looking for a new commuter car to take the place of my Protege. Price, gas mileage, and fun factor were all considerations in my decision. The feather light clutch and the easy shifting won me over quickly. The surprising pickup from the little 1.6 DOHC engine was just icing on the cake!

Acceleration is quick, and the 4 wheel suspension really soaks up the bumps in the road. Very surprising for a package of 7500 after manufacturer's rebates!

Best warranty in America at 100k, 10 years! I would say take a peek at this one if you are considering a small, nimble little car, that won't break the bank.

Review Date: 18th August, 2004

20th Aug 2004, 08:07

This is some stuff I forgot to mention. I heard that the automatic transmission version is not nearly as peppy as the manual as in most cars. I overheard a co-worker state that wishes he would have chosen the manual.

Big benifit from this car comes from the amount of torque at low RPMs. Much better than my protege mentioned in my above post. This translates to fewer shifting in traffic and takes steep hills easily even when shifting. I am getting about 38 miles per gallon been watching it closely since I purchased the car.

My commute is 50 miles one way I usually drive 70mph when I can. Another nice feature is the city driving is rated at 27 mpg, but I think just like the highway rating is low compared to what you will see.

I agree with the other poster in the thread that I too wish it reved a little lower at @ 70mph, but that is a small complaint since I'm speeding anyway.

I did not expect this on a 7500 dollar vehicle...

21st Jul 2006, 19:28

You've got probably the best value in a small car made anywhere on the planet. I drove my best friend's Accent on a road trip last year and I was really impressed with the power, smoothness and overall good feel of the car on the highway. it is every bit as peppy and comfortable as the outrageously priced and grossly over rated Toyota Corolla and has a MUCH BETTER warranty. In addition, we averaged 40mpg on interstate driving at around 70mph.