2004 Hyundai Accent Reviews - Page 4 of 4

2004 Hyundai Accent GT 1.5 liter from North America

Year of manufacture2004
Engine and transmission 1.5 liter Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Corsica

Summary:

An industry secret -- everyone looking for a small, inexpensive car should look into an Accent

No problems.

General Comments:

I've only had the car for about a week, but I love it.

It is definitely scaled for smaller people (I'm 5'4) and would probably be uncomfortable if you're taller. It's an appealing, thoughtfully constructed car.

Excellent gas mileage, great features, and a fantastic warranty. I wonder why I don't see more people driving them?!

It's my first new car, and I'm thrilled with it.

Review Date: 20th June, 2004

2004 Hyundai Accent GL 1.6L from North America

Year of manufacture2004
Engine and transmission 1.6L Manual

Summary:

Definitely worth considering

The only fault I have had with my new Accent is a loose passenger side rear-view mirror.

General Comments:

We were looking for an economical, reliable second car. The Accent has been a pleasant surprise and proves that just because you want something small and economical, doesn't mean you have to settle for a boring econobox.

The Accent has many thoughtful features, including heated external mirrors and driver's seat adjustment controls that make it almost impossible for anyone to be uncomfortable. The car is small, of course, but the trunk space is impressive and front passenger room is adequate for most. Rear seating is tight but we didn't buy this car with the intention of hauling four people on any long trips.

Mechanically, the little engine loves to rev and propels the car competently. It's not a hot-rod, but that's not what we were looking for. The 5 speed manual transmission is smooth and easy to use. Fuel consumption has lived up to specifications already, despite being told that estimated fuel consumption is not fully achieved until after the first 2000 kilometers.

For the car it is meant to be, the Accent is a recommended buy. It's perfect as a second car, for students, or anyone who is looking for relatively basic, economical transportation. The days of ugly, unreliable econoboxes are over and the Accent is a true testament to that. Granted, we've only had the car for a short time, we are very satisfied and past reliability ratings make us feel confident that we made the right choice.

Review Date: 13th March, 2004

1st Apr 2004, 11:36

I like my 2004 as well except for the body roll on winding roads and the cost of insurance. The 2004 has an insurance symbol of 15! Need to weigh this cost when fugring if the car is a good deal or not.

12th Apr 2004, 21:54

As the author of the review, I'm providing an update.

2,000 kilometers later, our Accent continues to be trouble-free. The fuel economy is slightly better than the projected estimates. A recent road trip showed that this car isn't bad on the highway, although slightly lower RPM's in fifth gear would be nice.

The loose rear-view mirror I cited just needed to be set into place by hand, a quick task I did after a minute of investigation.

All in all, a recommended buy.