2002 Hyundai Coupe Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2002 Hyundai Coupe V6 2.7 V6 from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 2.7 V6 Manual
Previous carRover - Austin 200

Summary:

A high performance monster of a car

The alarm keeps going off. This happens mainly when the weather is cold. The hand brake also need to be tightened as it became loose.

General Comments:

I'm very impressed by the performance of the car, however, the car is very prone to wheel spin, even with the traction control on. The back of the car is also prone to losing traction and sliding out. I know the car is a 2.7 but the fuel economy is appalling. The 66 litre tank seems to go from full to empty in no time at all.

The car is incredibly comfortable to drive and I live driving it. So other than the alarm problems, and dealerships problems, I'm very happy with the car.

Review Date: 26th February, 2003

3rd May 2003, 13:00

After 7 months and 12,000 miles, I an still having a love affair with this car. It is a delight to drive and, with so much power, it is always responsive.

With regards to previous review comments, I have had no alarm problems and average around 30mpg which, for a 2.7 automatic, is pretty impressive.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this model to anyone who did not require a 4 seater, was not looking for a small car, diesel economy, but was wanting the ride of their life on a daily basis.

2002 Hyundai Coupe SE 2.0 from UK and Ireland

Previous carPeugeot 206

Summary:

For the money, nothing comes close

Sunroof motor failed after 3 weeks.

General Comments:

This car is very good for a Hyundai.

It looks drop dead fantastic and makes you feel like you're driving a far more expensive sports car.

The 2.0 engine is a little rough, but you do get a nice growl from the twin tailpipes.

The leather seats are very comfortable on long distance journeys and the car can easily handle high speed cross-country cruises.

Stick it in third gear for some overtaking and it puts a great big smile on your face.

Review Date: 23rd December, 2002

2002 Hyundai Coupe SE 1.6 from UK and Ireland

Most recent year of ownership2002

Summary:

Great Wow Factor!

Nothing so far.

General Comments:

I love this car! Driving it makes you feel very special, like you are in an exclusive club only Coupe drivers know about<s>. I smile all the time when I am in it and will make any excuse to drive it, anywhere! The engine positively growls even in the 1.6 and sounds like it is much more powerful. The cabin is like a cocoon surrounding and protecting you from harm and the surround sound system is excellent. Personalised with leather upholstery makes it a fantastic looking machine.

There is very little road noise even at high speeds and driving on windy roads with lots of tight bends is a delight. The car handles superbly. It is nothing short of perfect!

Review Date: 25th September, 2002

4th May 2003, 13:34

I've been brooding about buying a Hyundai Coupe, the so-called 'image'thing means absolutely NOTHING to me. I like the look of the car a lot. I couldn't care less what the neighbours say or do! BUT are these cars any real cop?What I mean is the reliability and durability, I usually have Japanese cars so I'm used to dependable machinery, but is the Korean car industry good or a sham? Any and all comments from owners appreciated.

31st Dec 2003, 09:54

I looked at the coupe for a while, but had to decide against buying. The 1.6 is just too slow, (though it drives well), and would be very frustrating to drive after the novelty of the car wore off. The 2 litre, which I would have liked, has a standard fit sunroof which means I can't fit in it, even with the seat at its lowest etc. The passenger seat has no height adjust either so sitting there would have been really uncomfortable. I could have specially ordered a 2 litre without a sunroof, but...