2005 Hyundai Getz 1.1 Li from Philippines

Summary:

Fuel Guzzler!

Nothing gone wrong or awry so far.

General Comments:

On a cleanly paved highway, it's a pleasant experience driving a this car. But once you hit a un asphalted concrete road, the car dribbles itself according to the shape of the small road crevices and rough concrete surfaces. The motion created between the tires and the road are transformed into vibrations that one can easily feel inside. This is not a big deal considering it's price. A driver can live with that especially on short distance travel.

With a 1.1Li engine, one expects a good km/liter fuel consumption rate.

This car can only do 11.5++ km/liter on the same route I've been driving my Honda Civic Sir where I'm getting 11.0km/Li consistently.

Review Date: 6th September, 2005

6th Sep 2005, 18:25

Maybe that you have only a 1.1L engine that you have to rev its guts out to get any performance out of it hence you are using more fuel.

6th Sep 2005, 23:54

It sounds like you picked the wrong vehicle if all you were looking for was economy. No joke, but my Dad's 91' Jeep Wagoneer gets better gas mileage than that (11 town, 13 Hwy.) and it weighs 5,700 pounds and has a 5.9 liter V8 engine. If you want economy you should look at a Honda Civic or a Toyota Camry or something, maybe even a hybrid?

2005 Hyundai Getz GSX 1.3 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Excellent car for the money

So far, nothing has gone wrong with the car.

General Comments:

The few comments I have are that it doesn't seem to accelerate very well in 2nd gear, so I try a change up to 3rd as quickly as possible, and you do tend to feel every bump in the road because of the suspension.

Its spacious with plenty of headroom. The boot is surprisingly larger than I expected it to be. The gear changes are very smooth and the dashboard very easy to read. I think the car's external looks are very nice, and its very economical on petrol. It has all the extras you could need, and as long as you don't want to be a Stirling Moss, most drivers would find it a really good drive and excellent value for money.

Review Date: 27th June, 2005

13th Jul 2005, 18:18

I recently bought a Hyundai Getz car and after a month of use I am very satisfied with its performance so far. As per my computation, I am getting 15 kilometers to a liter of unleaded gasoline during city driving with air conditioner switched on. I estimate that it can go as high as 17 km/liter highway driving. The car is worth my money. From: Dr. Emmanuel R. de la Fuente, Manila, Philippines.

2005 Hyundai Getz 1.1 from Malta

Summary:

Surprisingly astonishing little car

Nothing so far, apart from some air bubbles in the paint. These are extremely tiny and are only found in remote parts of the body.

General Comments:

Actually I got this car for my wife, but must admit it was equally fun driving for me too.

Seems huge inside considering a super mini.

Comfortable, smooth and silent ride.

For a 1.1 cc it pulls quite well, even though personally I'd rather go for the 1.3 engine.

Good a/c power, and quick cooling even in a hot Maltese summer day of around 35 degrees.

Rear seats fold up nicely to create ample luggage room.

Review Date: 13th June, 2005

2005 Hyundai Getz GSi 1.3 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Fun, lively, brilliant wee car!

Squeaky seat belt clasp. Fixed with 3 in 1 oil.

General Comments:

Very early stages as yet, I intend to up-date as I pile the miles on. Had the car 10 weeks, done 3300 miles, no problems. I broke the car in as per instructions, after 1500 miles when I'd thrashed it through the gears a couple of times, I changed the oil and oil filter, genuine parts.

Comfy on long journeys, easy to drive, wife loves it, and fast for a 1350cc. I drive the car quite fast, normally taking it to 4000 rpm in each gear once it's warmed up, sitting at about 3500 RPM in top gear mostly, or more when roads allow. This kind of driving returns about 40-43 mpg, but only since the car loosened up. Third gear is a bit strange, at 40 mph it just doesn't want to seem to pull so hard as one might think. Although once above 50 mph it pulls well enough. If you want to go past something quick at 40 mph or below, you have to go down to second gear and rev it to the red line about 55 mph, up to third and it pulls really well. Fourth and Fifth gears, are like 3.5 and 4.5 respectively, which is good when overtaking going from third to fourth, the car is right in the torque range still. Top gear at 60 mph is about 2800 RPM, whereas on my '02 Punto, 60 mph was 2400 RPM.

The car is great, much better than a Punto. 5 year warranty, first 3 services free (3 years or 30 thousand miles) I'm told the warranty also covers the exhaust! 3 years RAC.

The paintwork needed a good polish after a week or so, I put this down to not getting a good grade of polish from the dealer, it made a good deal of difference to look of the car.

Beyond 90-100 mph the wee car feels light, it will do more I reckon, but it was a windy day. As low as 80 mph, when on an open road with a gust of wind, the car blows off line slightly.

The CD player is very good, it never jumps even on an old farm road. I tested the ABS and boy is it good!

No wonder there are so many smiley faces on the Getz forum, it's a great car.

Review Date: 17th May, 2005

27th Jul 2005, 06:50

On the verge of buying. Interested in the Getz. What is it like for space inside? How does the boot compare with others, such as a punto or Yaris (which is tiny)? Are parts readily available? I'd greatly appreciate a reply if that's not a problem. Thanks.

26th Aug 2005, 09:43

In my opinion...yes> The Getz is roomier than most people would expect, the boot is much larger than Yaris, Fiesta and Swift, though less accommodating and versatile than Mazda 2, Honda Jazz and A-Class Mercedes. I bought a fantastic yellow 3 door Getz in April 1.5 manual after testing many cars within a couple of thousand dollars of it's price and was convinced to go for it. I read many reviews from experts and owners as well as owners of various cars at service stations to confirm my decision. Now I have my own experience that I can share and it has been an extraordinarily good one... in fact it's been excellent. I do think highly of this car and think it offers a lot for what it is. Small economical basic, but safe transport. MORE 4 LESS!!!