1992 Hyundai Scoupe Reviews - Page 2 of 2

Year of manufacture1992
Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission Manual
Distance when acquired200000 kilometres

Summary:

How did they make a car so great

Replaced lines from sending unit.

Speedometer lights burnt out.

General Comments:

My Scoupe is personalized with an import touch. I have tinted the windows, custom exhaust and a paint job that starts out red and fades to yellow.

I'm in the middle of pulling the motor to get it rebuilt. I will be adding a turbo and NOS when I have the funds.

Grate on gas and its like driving a go cart.

This car was a great bargain costing me $500.00.

Review Date: 14th April, 2002

26th Jan 2006, 01:18

Some cars seem to be born under a bad sign or put together on a Monday. Your Scoupe seems to have a lot of troubles and I sympathize, since I've had a few with mine (fuel pump, starter to name a few). But my 92' has probably been the most reliable car I've ever owned. Things wear out on old (and cheap!) cars such as these. Most people never took care of them as they should have, and so you get things like main seal falures and the like. I was lucky enough to find a near perfect LS with 112,000 KM which hadn't been abused much. I've been anal with maintenance since day one and my 'coup runs as well as the day I bought it 4 years ago. Persist (or find another scoupe and use your old one for parts) and you will have a fun and cheap to run ride.

A.

1992 Hyundai Scoupe SE 1.5L 4 cylinder from North America

Year of manufacture1992
Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission 1.5L 4 cylinder Manual
Most recent distance220000 kilometres
Previous carPontiac Tempest

Summary:

Good performance, low fuel cost

Changed the tranny.

Changed the clutch.

Changed the starter.

Changed the exhaust pipe.

Changed the spark plugs.

General Comments:

Let's see, the car isn't that bad if yup take care of it. I run it a lot and the people that had it before me probably didn't take care of it so I had to change so many parts. My dad gave it to me so I don't complain.

I like the look so I painted it, added some 'mags' and a pretty good stereo. I get noticed around town, even if it isn't a Honda Civic which everyone has.

Review Date: 24th January, 2002