2008 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.4 from Australia and New Zealand
Great value commuter with mediocre dynamics
Nothing. Not even a rattle inside.
This was an unplanned purchase to quickly replace a falling apart euro car. Definitely not a car that I sought out to buy.
- Ultra reliable, outstanding build quality.
- Economical open road for a large car.
- Great air con.
- Huge boot.
- Very refined and quiet cruiser.
- Great safety features/ratings.
- Terrible artificial steering feel.
- Stodgy handling, truly dire body control.
- Awful seats. Sit too high, poor lumbar and lateral support.
This is a paradoxical car. Impeccable build quality, great features and ultra low running cost, but uncomfortable seating and woeful handling make it tiring to drive long distance on demanding NZ roads. It was such good condition and such a bargain price I can forgive it for its shortcomings as a daily commuter.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 26th January, 2018