2006 Hyundai Tucson Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2006 Hyundai Tucson 4wd 2.0 from North America

Previous carPontiac Grand Prix

None in 56000km.

General Comments:

Great gas mileage with the 4cyl/manual. 4wd is a must for the winter! Very comfortable.

I would recommend everyone the Tucson.

Review Date: 11th August, 2008

2006 Hyundai Tucson GL 2.0 from North America

Previous carMazda 3

Summary:

Exactly what it claims to be

At 3,000 miles, I had an issue with the turn signal stalk which would stick from time to time, of course, this problem was covered under warranty.

Recall on the vehicle, Driver's Airbag Module replaced with new and revised bag.

8,000 miles, check engine light illuminated. No Hyundai dealership in reasonable distance, Dealt with problem by Hyundai using a 3rd party independent repair shop deal with the problem. 02 sensor faulty, resetting computer took care of the problem.

10,000 miles, empty on gas and trying to refuel at a gas station, gas filler door would not open, luckily able to pry it open with do damage and able to fill up. Problem never happened again.

14,500 miles, front passenger door handle trim broken, cigarette lighter shorted out, my local dealer ordered parts under warranty and should be replacing these items in 2 days.

General Comments:

Overall this vehicle has been reliable with no major problems that have effected the overall integrity of this vehicle. I looked a the CR-V and Rav-4 prior to settling on the Tucson. With being $4000-$5000 cheaper, I was sold on the Hyundai Tucson. Although underpowered, its still able to get me to the general speed of traffic. Fuel economy is fair: 23-25 MPG. I purchased the Base model GL 2wd with an automatic, nothing bare bones about this model. Biggest selling point was all the standard safety equipment with were optional other SUV's in its price range. I'm glad I purchased this sturdy lil SUV. Hyundai has come a far way from my brother's 1992 Hyundai Excel! Never thought i'd purchase a Hyundai but the value and price was right!

Review Date: 19th April, 2008

2006 Hyundai Tucson GLS 2.7 from North America

Year of manufacture2005
Previous carHyundai Sonata

Summary:

I love it!

6 months old the armrest cloth had to be replaced due to wear.

2 months old, I had freezing cold air seeping in from the front doors while on the highway at 70mph causing frost on windows. Doors were re-aligned.

More road noise than I expected from a new car.

Wheel alignment at 13850 miles (13 months old) and I only made one trip to New York City.

Slightly cramped for tall driver (I'm 6'2") but fairly comfortable on a long trip.

General Comments:

Great reliable car for myself & my wife. We're both retired. Rear seat OK for 3 kids, or 1 kid and an adult. I average about 20mpg combined city/highway driving. Has a lot of pep if you have you pass quickly on the highway.

Review Date: 5th December, 2006

2006 Hyundai Tucson from North America

Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Check for Honda's or Toyota's

The clutch doesn't catch when you accelerate too fast.

The car broke down at 15000 miles and had to be towed. That's when the problems really exponentiated.

General Comments:

I don't recommend Hyundai. This is my last, and I'm hoping to trade this in asap. The service policy that came along with this car sounded excellent at the time of purchase, but just don't expect what you hear.

Review Date: 23rd September, 2006

12th Aug 2007, 15:45

Very low quality in every thing!

I have automatic transmission, but I am suffering from poor pick up.

Low engine power with the low fuel consumption.

Even the floor mat worn out after 4 months.

11th Oct 2007, 20:21

I, m interested in buying a Tucson from a, "Rosado Group Dealership" in Dickson City, PA. I've heard some horror stories. Any input out there? Thanks, Leroy.

18th May 2008, 19:34

How does a floor mat wear out in four months?

6th Aug 2008, 21:22

I don't agree. Had my Hyundai Tucson for 1 year and 8000 miles - been perfect, no defects, zero. Better auto and fewer problems then the Volvo V40 I had and $7000 less costly. No comparison on comfort or room. No sign of wear anywhere, still looks brand new inside and out.

11th Mar 2009, 23:02

Actually I was thinking of trading my 2.0 diesel for a 2.4 Cherokee 4x4, but I checked out the reviews over there...

That's too bad, I really wanted the low-range gears.

I'm at 64000 klm right now, no problems (knock on wood).

Only thing is, I'm going to try to look for a heavy duty clutch, which I'm going to need soon. That's about it.

Oh, yes. Only thing is the steering wheel cracked/dried-up on the top part, and fell apart... That's my only problem. And maybe prematurely wearing brake discs. I'd say they have about 10-15000 km more life. But hey, it's a 1800kgr SUV, right?

30th May 2009, 18:39

Tighten your clutch cable to keep it from slipping.

4th Sep 2010, 18:41

Toyota, as you commented, has motor sludge problems costing consumer's engines, and the Honda CRVs are having a lot of air compressor replacements (big $) as well.

Hyundai seems to have a lot more good reviews than bad.