2005 Hyundai XG350 L 350 V6 from North America

Power train is smooth and powerful, I like the looks and enjoy driving the XG350

Brakes replaced at 40,000.

General Comments:

Dealer has been excellent on service, but I thought the new brakes were pretty pricey. I have not needed any warranty repairs.

This is not a sports car, the handling is not very precise, but the ride is outstanding. I will probably go for stiffer tires next time.

The only accessory available is an 8 disk CD changer, everything else is standard. Heated seats and outside mirrors, excellent climate control system, great sound system and programed seat and mirrors for 2 drivers.

I have owned an Infinity Q45, and an Audi 5000, The quality and drive ability of the XG350 is very close and at half the price!

Review Date: 23rd January, 2008

2005 Hyundai XG350 L V6 from North America

Below average

I actually used to own a 99 Olds Alero, which are about the worst car GM, at least they say, built in the nineties, but I can say this one must be made of the same sheet of metal, because it's all Alero revisited, or this one is maybe even worse.

Drivers door seal was loose, and I noticed this when the seat was wet one morning.

Two brake jobs in less than 40,000.

Bad connection in one ignition coil gave rough running, and this one bothered us for some time.

Bad connection in rear indicator light.

When cold the engine goes up and down like it cycles about +- 300 rpm and it's irritating and gives not a very smooth drive the first five minutes. The dealer says nothing can be done about it.

The exhaust system was misaligned and touched the body of the car, giving a rumbling noise when cornering. And this was how it was delivered from the factory!

The paint quality is not very good; at least that's my impression since it scratches or chips for nothing. I just leant against it and my watch touched the upper part of the door, and hey pronto, a four inch scratch that even rubbing wax won't take away.

General Comments:

Dealer is OK at fixing my problem, but I never liked this car and I'm liking it even less now. My wife and daughter are using it and they think it's really stylish. I agree, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about this car, besides that it rides well on highways, but I'm the one that brings this car to the dealer every time something need fixing.

This car feels very unbalanced at speed, and the original tyres are set up for a smooth ride and not performance. The front tires are all worn out now and will be replaced soon anyhow. It's a car that does one thing good at a time; don't try to steer and accelerate at the same time since the torque steer will bounce the car all around. It just feels like this car was made for a much smaller engine with less torque.

In summary I'd say that this car should have had better quality off the factory, and Hyundai should put more effort into fixing the understeer and other issues. My Alero 3.4 was actually better than the XG, but had many of the same issues.

Review Date: 30th March, 2007

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 6 cylinder from North America

The worst purchase we have ever made

The first problem I had with the car was the Cd changer would not power up. I took it in, they said it was fixed, but the next day it would not power up.

Then, when I would put the car in reverse, it would die. I took it in three times before they could figure out what was wrong with it.

Then, I went to the car wash and got wet, because the seals did not seal.

Also, after they installed the new Cd changer, it skipped on every Cd, so they had to order another Cd changer.

And, the best mileage I have gotten is 24mpg. My minivan got better than this car.

Also, on several occasions, the rear window has gotten stuck down. It has taken me up to 30 minutes to get it to roll back up.

General Comments:

I have only had my car for four months, and I hate it. I would trade it in if I had any equity in it. I will get rid of it as soon as I can. It rides nice, but not quietly. I can barely fit my three children in the back seat. I would not travel over 20 miles with them in the back seat they are so cramped. It really looked bigger when we were looking at it. It is a cute car, but it is definitely not worth the money we are paying for it. It is the worst decision we have ever made when car shopping. If we hadn't decided to buy the extended warranty, we would really be in trouble.

Review Date: 3rd November, 2006

13th Feb 2007, 02:08

Sorry that you were taken for a ride, but you should really have checked out the interior size before you bought this car. But misleading Hyundai advertising could be to blame because reading the advertising for this car you get the impression that this is a large car. But it is not since it is just a slightly stretched Sonata which is a compact car and they've added a larger engine to make it more up-market.

Many thinks the XG is such a bargain because they compare it with a Buick. But the Buick is actually much larger. It's only from the outside that you think the XG is a large car. The interior is actually quite cramped.