2005 Hyundai XG350 Reviews

2005 Hyundai XG350 Sedan 3.5 from North America

Most recent year of ownership2011

Summary:

Excellent value

Problems with CD unit x2... new $1000 plus, OK had warranty...

Chrome grille (east coast of Canada - deteriorated).

115,000, nothing else except regular wear and tear items.

General Comments:

All I can say in a nutshell; this car has been an excellent buy for value and dependability. The warranty helped, as it was 5 years and/or 100,000 K.

Very little went wrong with our vehicle, but then again, I looked after my vehicle; oil changes every 5-6000 k, regular service, rotation, brakes etc etc.

The car with a 3.5 is very quick, and has been one of the most comfortable cars I have ever had and or driven. Drives like and is equal to any more expensive vehicle, by far.

The interior and exterior has more features, for the price, than any vehicle in the market. This XG is loaded. Loads of options. This vehicle has 115,000 k Feb 15th 2011, we would like to trade, or sell, but it appears what dealers are willing to offer (as all vehicles) is BS, so I know what I have, and think we will hang on.

Review Date: 15th February, 2011

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 350 V6 from North America

Model year2005
Engine and transmission 350 V6 Automatic
Distance when acquired12000 miles
Previous carMitsubishi Montero

Summary:

Power train is smooth and powerful, I like the looks and enjoy driving the XG350

Brakes replaced at 40,000.

General Comments:

Dealer has been excellent on service, but I thought the new brakes were pretty pricey. I have not needed any warranty repairs.

This is not a sports car, the handling is not very precise, but the ride is outstanding. I will probably go for stiffer tires next time.

The only accessory available is an 8 disk CD changer, everything else is standard. Heated seats and outside mirrors, excellent climate control system, great sound system and programed seat and mirrors for 2 drivers.

I have owned an Infinity Q45, and an Audi 5000, The quality and drive ability of the XG350 is very close and at half the price!

Review Date: 23rd January, 2008

2005 Hyundai XG350 L V6 from North America

Model year2005
Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Previous carOldsmobile Alero

Summary:

Below average

I actually used to own a 99 Olds Alero, which are about the worst car GM, at least they say, built in the nineties, but I can say this one must be made of the same sheet of metal, because it's all Alero revisited, or this one is maybe even worse.

Drivers door seal was loose, and I noticed this when the seat was wet one morning.

Two brake jobs in less than 40,000.

Bad connection in one ignition coil gave rough running, and this one bothered us for some time.

Bad connection in rear indicator light.

When cold the engine goes up and down like it cycles about +- 300 rpm and it's irritating and gives not a very smooth drive the first five minutes. The dealer says nothing can be done about it.

The exhaust system was misaligned and touched the body of the car, giving a rumbling noise when cornering. And this was how it was delivered from the factory!

The paint quality is not very good; at least that's my impression since it scratches or chips for nothing. I just leant against it and my watch touched the upper part of the door, and hey pronto, a four inch scratch that even rubbing wax won't take away.

General Comments:

Dealer is OK at fixing my problem, but I never liked this car and I'm liking it even less now. My wife and daughter are using it and they think it's really stylish. I agree, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about this car, besides that it rides well on highways, but I'm the one that brings this car to the dealer every time something need fixing.

This car feels very unbalanced at speed, and the original tyres are set up for a smooth ride and not performance. The front tires are all worn out now and will be replaced soon anyhow. It's a car that does one thing good at a time; don't try to steer and accelerate at the same time since the torque steer will bounce the car all around. It just feels like this car was made for a much smaller engine with less torque.

In summary I'd say that this car should have had better quality off the factory, and Hyundai should put more effort into fixing the understeer and other issues. My Alero 3.4 was actually better than the XG, but had many of the same issues.

Review Date: 30th March, 2007