2005 Hyundai XG350 L 3.5 gas from North America

I could not have done better for $3500. I love it, and I believe it will survive a long time!

Before I purchased the car, I took it for a test ride for a couple of hours. I have done business with the place I bought it from for years, and they just gave me the keys. Sticker price $6500, online $5500, thru Edmunds.com $4500 with a $200 gas card, 12 month warranty and 1 year roadside service! And they gave me $1000 for my 1996 Ford Taurus SHO V8! So $3500, not bad!!

So on my test drive I checked out everything and noticed a noise in the engine compartment when shifting from D to R and R to D. The Hyundai mechanic looked at it and it was a motor mount, which they replaced along with a timing belt I asked for, for a discounted price of $400 on the timing belt just in case! I noticed a small pool of water on the engine and had the upper and lower hoses replaced for another $135, because of course it happened after my purchase!

General Comments:

After all that I figured I was set! I do love the car, it was really taken care of by the previous owner. Carfax shows service records, and the body is in excellent condition, as is the interior!!

2 months later I hear a slight rattle when I go over bumps at the right rear driver's side. I thought it could be the trunk hood struts that I replaced to hold the trunk hood up. Had my son sit in the back and lower the rear seat, and stick his head in the trunk and hold the trunk strut; then he heard the noise by his head in the wheel well, the famous upper strut bushing, which I have read in this forum about. I stuck my hand in the wheel well and lifted the cup that covers the strut, and the bushing had a deteriorated took it. Took it to Tires Plus; they wanted $475 because they said they might as well replace both struts, just for the bushing $165. No thanks, I bought the bushing set for $10 and will pay a local garage $100 to install, then problem solved! I will repost when fixed!

I love the car, it's pretty! Not as fast as my SHO, but enough!!

Review Date: 15th September, 2015

17th Sep 2015, 00:43

Well I got it done, they replaced the left rear top bushing for a total of $60!! $10 for the bushing kit and $50 to install! Although they had a problem removing the strut from its mount, but after an hour they did it!!

Well no more rattle in the rear and a smooth side!!

Don't fall for the "you need a new complete strut"!!

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 3.5 from North America

An incredible car - This is the car that all others should be measured by

Absolutely nothing. I previously owned a 2004 XG 350, and in a total of 8 years driving these 2 cars, I have driven 110,000 miles and never had a single issue or repair, only normal maintenance - tires, wiper blades, oil changes.

General Comments:

I can't fault this car, nor the previous one I owned. Absolutely unbelievable reliability.

It is fast and will easily do 60mph in under 7 seconds. I have driven on the flat in excess of 120 mph with more speed in reserve.

I average 32 MPG (Imperial), which equals 24 MPG (American gallons).

Comfortable (and I am over 6 foot tall).

I previously owned a 2004 XG 350 and put 80,000 trouble free miles on it.

Review Date: 18th June, 2015

2005 Hyundai XG350 Sedan 3.5 from North America

Excellent value

Problems with CD unit x2... new $1000 plus, OK had warranty...

Chrome grille (east coast of Canada - deteriorated).

115,000, nothing else except regular wear and tear items.

General Comments:

All I can say in a nutshell; this car has been an excellent buy for value and dependability. The warranty helped, as it was 5 years and/or 100,000 K.

Very little went wrong with our vehicle, but then again, I looked after my vehicle; oil changes every 5-6000 k, regular service, rotation, brakes etc etc.

The car with a 3.5 is very quick, and has been one of the most comfortable cars I have ever had and or driven. Drives like and is equal to any more expensive vehicle, by far.

The interior and exterior has more features, for the price, than any vehicle in the market. This XG is loaded. Loads of options. This vehicle has 115,000 k Feb 15th 2011, we would like to trade, or sell, but it appears what dealers are willing to offer (as all vehicles) is BS, so I know what I have, and think we will hang on.

Review Date: 15th February, 2011