It's the closest thing to a 4 door 350Z
Interior trims need to be replaced.
Driver's seat leather is wearing out.
TSB and warranty issue fixes.
I have had the car (G35S with 6 speed manual transmission) for over a year now, and it has performed remarkably. It's truly a performance sports sedan. I can install a child seat to carry my baby around town one day, and take the car to the track (with the child seat still installed) the next day. I am very happy with the car as a "dual purpose" vehicle.
On one hand, it has plenty of the luxury as a every day car. The car I have has the upgraded Bose sound system, navigation with backup camera, etc. The car provides a comfortable ride (on the firm side) on the freeway.
On the other hand, the car has great balance when you push it to the (driver's) limit. The 3.5L V6 engine is plenty powerful and revs up nicely. The 6MT transmission has positive engagement, but doesn't like to be rushed. The FM (front mid-engine) design allows the car to settle nicely in corners. The steering provides good feedback. My complaint is that the clutch can be tricky. And I think the brake and clutch share the same reservoir. So when the brake fluid begins the overheat, the clutch fluid will too. The car feels heavy around the track, but can't complain too much with all the luxury items on-board.
The rear doors swing open up to almost 90 degrees, which were great for trying to put the child seat into the car.
What I like about the car:
+ I really how it looks.
+ Powerful engine (VQ35HR), great acceleration.
+ Positive transmission.
+ Strong brakes (especially with aftermarket pads).
+ Front mid-mount engine + RWD = great handling.
+ Pretty luxurious, for me :)
+ Reliable so far.
- MPG is not that great (around 21 MPG normal mixed driving for me, and it takes premium gas).
- Tricky clutch.
- Could use a little more driving position adjustment. I barely fit with a helmet on (I am 6.1").
- Small trunk (both opening and size).
- No fold down back seat (only ski pass-through).
- The build quality is so-so. Nothing broken yet, but quite a bit of TSB.
It's just me:
- No Bluetooth audio streaming.
- Wished for better iPhone integration.
- Could use a better rear differential (torque sensing instead of VLSD?).
- Could use even firmer suspension tuning.
- Adjustable rear passenger head rest.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 7th February, 2013