Extremely reliable except for a few normal, but irritating glitches:
1. The battery died in 1.5 years
2. The front headlight bulbs gone at 52000 miles
3. threads of aluminium transfer case plug cross-threaded when new, resulting in horrible repair afterwards
4. On low grade fuel, the notorious Isuzu gasping engine symptoms appear (engine rev unstable, tends to die on light throttle, and on heavy throttle tends to die down and never reaches higher revs)
1. original front brake pads lasted very shortly and needed replacement before 15k miles
2. engine very noisy except when idling
3. a few friend of mine complained about engine noise and vibration even at idle
4. bad fuel economy (310-350 miles per refill of 80 litres of petrol)
5. image not very much on par with those in its class eg Pajero/Shogun, Prado 3.4, and the Disco 3.9
6. resale value very poor (13% value retention after 6 yrs.), and after then you still have to beg for potential buyers! Alas! So few connoisseurs of Isuzu cars!!!
7. heavy steering and wide turning circles compared to Prado 3.4,
8. the leather steering wheel wrap makes things worse in city traffic
9. cornering feel is at at best uncomfortable and normal terrifying, calling for lower speeds at corners
10. aircon insufficient in summer times of +32deg C.
I like this one, but I would want better drive and economy in my daily commuter before its value drops to zilch in 2 or 3 yrs to come. And I hate to be commented by a Toyota salesman as a miser or niggard who puts little money to see nothing expected in a 4X4. Man I paid how much for this brand new one? Just to be called a niggard?