2001 Jaguar XJ8 Reviews

Model year2001
Most recent year of ownership2011
Distance when acquired62000 miles
Previous carHonda Accord

Summary:

Such a beauty and treat to drive, that it almost should remain a hidden treasure

Replaced the water pump about 1 month after I bought it.

Looks like I need to replace the O2 sensor as well.

General Comments:

I'm cheap when it comes to cars. Thus, my 2001 Jaguar XJ8 was my first car that I bought that was manufactured after the Reagan administration.

I'm glad it was my first! What a treat this car is. I was considering buying a Chevy Impala; but when I saw I could buy a Jaguar for the same price, and with lesser miles, why not? I'm glad I did. It is such a treat to drive.

Performance is great, and you'd be surprised at the good gas mileage you get -- especially on the interstates. I admit that it is not the best car to be driving in heavy snowfall; but any rear wheel driven car is not a good car to drive in heavy snow.

I would not hesitate to buy another good, used Jaguar. You can get them for about the same price as a used domestic vehicle; so why not upgrade and turn heads when you drive down the streets. There is nothing like driving a Jaguar with the sunroof open on Lakeshore Drive on a nice, sunny day.

Review Date: 1st July, 2011

2001 Jaguar XJ8 3.2 petrol from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 3.2 petrol Automatic
Previous carBMW 5 Series

Summary:

This car is a palace on wheels

Nothing!

General Comments:

I have been a XJ8 fan since testing one about 5 years ago as a replacement for my aging BMW525 (which itself was a fantastic car). I always assumed my subsequent car would also be a BMW, but I just can't like the current range of BMW's as much as I try.

I live in Moscow, Russia and had been without a car for 4 years until October last year when scanning the UK Internet for a car I happened upon a real eye-opener, a beautiful met green 2001 XJ8, full Jaguar dealer history and 1 owner car. At GBP 5,750 it was a bargain! I collected the car in November in the UK, took it to the local (UK) Jag dealer who were great, and they gave the car a quick once over for the price of the mud-flaps I had fitted, and they confirmed that all was in order, so I set off with 2 other passengers and 60kgs of baggage to Moscow.

All I can say is that this is the first car where I haven't felt sick reading in the back. We traveled 4 days in wonderful comfort and not a single problem - we got to Germany from London with a single tank of petrol, so no complaints on fuel economy either.

Since this time, the car has endured a full Russian winter including temperatures of -20 and she starts every time, first time. The roads here a simply awful, but the car just rides over it all. She looks fantastic and feels like a mini Blenheim Palace. I feel like I've got home whenever I get in.

This, even though it's the previous model, is a truly wonderful car to own, sheer pleasure. Thanks Jaguar.

Review Date: 25th February, 2009

1st May 2009, 11:43

As a long-time Jaguar owner, I was delighted to hear of your happy experience with your XJ. I have a similar car to yours and love it to death. It has never let me down, and although it's not new, I still have people come up to me to tell me how much they love it. It's a beautiful car and a tribute to the long-gone and much-lamented Sir William Lyons, whose input in the magnificent XJ6 in 1968 is still visible in some many of Jaguar's later saloons.

2001 Jaguar XJ8 4.0 from North America