2006 Jeep Wrangler X 4.0L from North America

Love it love it love it!

I am happy to say nothing factory related as of yet!

General Comments:

Gas mileage sucks, but who buys a Jeep for gas mileage?

It gets me anywhere I want to go. It's like a four seater ATV on steroids. Mine is lifted 4 inches thanks to Pro Comp and rides on 33" Pro Comp XTerrains. The chicks dig it and so do I. I use it to commute back and forth to two different jobs and for fun when I can. One word of advice, if your are looking for a vehicle that is great on gas, smooth and quiet, civilized and refined, and comes with a bottle of wine... This is not the vehicle for you. If you are looking for something that has proven itself at home and over seas for over 60 years, is dependable when you need it, fun when you want it to be, and takes a beating without complaint... Go get a Jeep. Get a Wrangler. And don't forget to wave back at all of your fellow Jeep owners when they wave at you. It's a Jeep thing!

Review Date: 31st July, 2007

6th Feb 2010, 21:31

I couldn't have said it better myself!

2006 Jeep Wrangler X 4.0L from North America

Reliable, capable, a blast to drive!

Clutch was faulty at approximately 7500 miles and was replaced under warranty.

Tailgate rattles over hard bumps.

Occasional leaking (very little though) from rear window (soft top) and front windshield.

Cowl was misaligned, causing it to rub on the passenger side fender and chipping the paint. This was also fixed under warranty.

General Comments:

In general, this is a GREAT vehicle. This is my first brand spanking new vehicle, as well as my first Jeep. The color is Midnight Blue Pearlcoat metallic. It is a 6 speed manual tranny with the 4 liter and I-6 motor. She also has a soft top with the black tinted rear and side windows.

The dash layout is nothing spectacular, but is very well laid out and easily accessible while driving. Seats are quite comfortable for a "rugged" vehicle. Visibility from all angles in the wrangler is great.

I am really enjoying the looks I get (I replaced all factory hinges with stainless steel), as well as the "Jeep Wave". It has been 6 months since I bought her, but every time I get in to drive somewhere, the thrill still gets to me. I intend on owning this vehicle until the wheels fall off!!

Review Date: 31st May, 2007

2006 Jeep Wrangler unlimited 4.0L from North America

Great Basic 4x4 for daily use but not for everyone.

I have had no problems with this jeep.

General Comments:

The only thing I see as a weakness is its power seems to be weak.

Review Date: 16th May, 2007

8th Sep 2010, 08:47

It feels weak because its power is in the low end. It's not geared to get you up and moving quickly. It's meant to drive up a steep hill from a stand still, push itself through a ton of snow/mud or recover one of your buddies on the trail. These are all slow speed, high torque requiring functions.

2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Inline 6 from North America

Upon purchasing the vehicle there were several from-the-factory imperfections, such as scratches on the leather steering wheel, strange paint bumps near the bottom of the vehicle, and cuts in the foam padding from the bars.

The passenger seat belt retention mechanism broke from the inside within 14k miles.

The power steering cable came completely undone, leaking transmission fluid all over my garage floor.

1st Gear occasionally would pop out of gear and slap me in the hand. It seemed as if it wasn't grabbing the stick.

This problem should not occur on a brand new vehicle! No wonder American cars manufacturers are losing so much money!

General Comments:

Gas mileage is way worse than the window sticker says. Real world gas consumption is probably around 12 MPG. Pathetic. The Hummer H3 gets better mileage than that.

The Unlimited Wrangler is nice inside with plenty of space. The motor is powerful and the transmission typically shifts well. 4WD is awesome.

Having a convertible SUV is very fun, especially in the summer/spring.

Review Date: 11th February, 2007

12th Feb 2007, 11:13

You've got to realize that a new vehicle will not get the specified gas mileage until it's broken in.

7th May 2007, 19:01

Back in March, I had a new 2006 Wrangler for about 15 hours... I was looking forward to it for years. After showing it to my sister and friend, I was heading home on the freeway, going about 60 mph, and had to slam on my brakes for a car driving way to slowly and without enough lighting to see it.

My Wrangler did a 540 degree turn in the right lane of I-20, leaving me at a dead stop facing oncoming traffic. Luckily there was light traffic at that time of night, or I probably wouldn't be writing this.

I couldn't get past this and took it back to the dealership. I may try again someday.