2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2.6 Pentastar from North America
Too much fun!!!
I love it! I was apprehensive trading in my FJ Cruiser for the Chrysler/Fix It Again Tony Jeep, but so far no problems/defects.
Compared to the FJ:
1. The Wrangler is simply more fun to drive.
2. The roof comes off easily - a bug plus in So. Cal.
3. It's more capable off road. The better outward visibility and smaller size makes a big difference on narrow off road trails. With front and rear lockers on, I haven't found a hill I can't climb.
4. The more comfortable seating position is more upright, and the seats are much more supportive.
5. Surprisingly quiet given that it's a rag top.
6. The Pentastar V-6 is awesome. Broad power band, pulls strongly at any RPM.
7. I replaced all the OEM speakers - now it rocks!!!!
So far gas mileage is 20 MPG - city or highway, 55 or 70 mph. Not bad for a tank.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 10th March, 2015
3rd Jun 2015, 16:59
Still loving my Wrangler. Last week I took it up a local road called Miller Jeep Trail. 2 years ago my FJ Cruiser had to be winched up the most difficult section. My Wrangler just motored up with no problems. Awesome!
16th Mar 2017, 18:38
Update on my review. At 21,000 miles, check engine light came on. My Jeep needs a new oil pressure sensor - $850 repair, not covered under warranty. Fiat/Chrysler has known about the problem for several years, but hasn't fixed it. Who says "they don't make them like they used to?" This is 1971 Pinto quality.
The car is still fun to drive and is a monster off-road, just don't expect Toyota reliability. $850 is more than I spent on my 4Runner the entire 250,000 miles I owned it.