2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 3.6 Pentastar from North America

Summary:

Fun and versatile

Drivers seat belt recoil doesn't always work.

Drivers seat adjustment doesn't stay. I have to crank it from time to time.

Lack of instructions on the clipping sequence of the soft top (don't set the back windows before clipping the front).

Lost a windshield damper by gently removing snow on the hood.

Soft top car adapters quality. Rubber parts got off.

General Comments:

Although minor issues, this truck wants to do it all. It's off-road, convertible, fun, it's an utility vehicle, it can tow, it can carry, it's a transformer. It's a car you can have fun with in the summer and in the winter. It's driftable in the winter, it's a dune buggy in the summer. I came from a Mustang GT 2010 and the Jeep has enough power for my taste. Lots... LOTS of aftermarket parts that can make your Wrangler pretty unique. I also like the minimal, yet classy, look inside.

It's soft on the road despite common feedback people think. It feels heavy when braking, the engine makes so much heat in the summer that it makes me think the engine could be better tweaked in the future. And then, of course, the biggest issue is the fuel intake even if the Pentastar improved fuel economy.

Review Date: 17th February, 2014

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 Door 3.6 from North America

Summary:

Capable off and on the road

Miles are only 2800, but no problems thus far, no initial defects.

General Comments:

It is excellent off road on the trails, yet decent on the highway also. Took a 400 mile road trip with no fatigue, and the visibility all around is good.

The 3.6 engine has good power, gas mileage is OK (17 around town, 22 on the highway).

The chassis is strong and well built, and these have always had excellent resale value. I am glad I finally got my first Wrangler.

Review Date: 1st July, 2013

21st Jan 2014, 09:24

I wrote this original review. Miles are at 8000, still no initial defects. Everything works as it should. Had a recall for a transmission line that was taken care of at the dealer. I’ve been driving through harsh winter weather in 4WD without giving it much of a thought. I am still happy with the Wrangler and am glad I bought it, no regrets or buyer’s remorse.