2003 Kia Optima LX 2.4 from Sint Maarten

The best car ever. If you're looking to buy a cheap second hand car, this is it

This car has a rust problem, but besides that, no problem whatsoever.

General Comments:

This car is very comfortable, drives smooth on rough roads, and going uphill is no problem for this car.

I love the manual up and down gear shift, which makes it fun to overtake other cars. This car is like a combo of a luxury and a sports car.

I've driven many cars, but this is the first I've owned, and I don't regret buying it.

The previous owner did a bad job maintaining it, so I had to replace the rubber parts, and now it drives like new, I love it.

Review Date: 2nd July, 2015

2nd Jul 2015, 13:44

I would question your view this is the 'best car ever' and handles 'like a sports car'. The steering is vague and overly light on the limit, giving little feedback, and the suspension far too wallowy and soft for the label sports car to apply.

I used to sell Kia in the UK and sold this exact model, albeit they were called the Magentis over here at the time, and to be fair only came with either a 2.0 litre or a 2.7 V6, not the 2.4 you have.

They were very average on handling, ride, performance, build quality, just about everything!! A huge number of cars in their class were better... the Ford Mondeo, Toyota Avensis, Peugeot 407, Alfa Romeo 156, Vauxhall Vectra, Honda Accord, Citroen C5, Nissan Primera....!

They were very cheap to buy new though, which was their primary appeal. So unless Kia's are one of the only cars available to you where you live, the 'best car ever' is perhaps a bit over the top!!

2003 Kia Optima from North America

I am so glad a ran across this website. I purchased my car brand new with only 4 miles, and now I have 123,000, which are highway miles.

On way the home one night (I work 2nd shift), the engine light pops on. I was wondering what now, 6 months ago I just had the timing changed, and 1 yr prior had the alternator change. I remember about 2 year ago the check engine light came on; it was the gas cap. I also had some of the same problems as the other people; locks on doors, check engine light, airbag light, brakes.

I just can't afford to put any more money into this car.

Review Date: 23rd September, 2010

2003 Kia Optima LX from North America

This is a great car, and I've had a great time driving it

General Comments:

Sorry to see so many people having problems with their respective Kia Optimas. I have two myself (2003 LX for me and 2004 EX for my wife) and have not had any of the problems I see here.

My wife's car has all the bells and whistles, and I have a lot in mine as well.

My wife's car has had the "Service Engine Light" come on twice since we've had the car, but other than that, we've had smooth sailing.

I bought my car in 2004 (used) with 43 miles on it. It now has 199,000 plus and it's still running great (oh yeah, I'm a driver). My wife's car has 74,000 miles on it.

I'm going to chalk up a good number of the negative comments to human nature. People who generally are not having problems don't feel the need to complain... therefore you won't see a lot of good reviews on here. By contrast, people who have something to complain about, let it be known primarily because they're upset and want others to know their pain (can we say "Misery Loves Company?)

Review Date: 3rd May, 2010

2003 Kia Optima LX V6 from North America

Very reliable investment

Replaced two visor clamps, several exterior lights, and two batteries.

General Comments:

After 95,000 miles and two batteries, the car is running great. Average MPG is 26.5. Excellent pickup and go power makes it feel like a sports car.

Liked it so much we bought a second one a week later, but traded it for a much needed truck two years later.

Drivers seat is very adjustable for road cruising comfort.

Review Date: 3rd August, 2009