2007 Kia Picanto LX 1.0 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Excellent

Great city car. Fits 4 adults easy. Boot small. Reliable.

General Comments:

I just read a few of the negative comments about this car. We are a driving school in Dublin, and we have 3 Picantos; 2 manual, 1 automatic.

The automatic has been the most problematic, with the gear box getting stuck in reverse sometimes, and not changing at correct times up the gears.

Our highest mileage Picanto has 75000kms, has been to Spain twice, to the UK several times, and all around Ireland on weekends away.

It's an excellent car to teach people to drive in, and in pretty comfortable, but it's no Mercedes Benz.

The car is still under warranty and we have had no problems with it at all, but after sales service is pretty poor.

The drivers seat on the older model hasn't enough padding, so you might need a cushion on long journeys, depends on how big your bum is.

It has been a fantastic car, the only problem is that I'm 6ft2 and I'm uncomfortable driving it, as the seat won't go back far enough.

Petrol consumption is amazing, but the second you go over 3000revs on 80kph/60 mph you can hear the engine under increased pressure and it burns the fuel faster, so if you are happy to drive at 55mph/ 70kph, then you will get 55mpg. It's very economical.

Review Date: 6th May, 2010

2007 Kia Picanto LS 1.1 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Bargain car and well built

Absolutely nothing. Just like my previous Picanto, which was a 54 reg, I get into the car and it drives, with no worries in the back of my mind whatsoever. A truly solid and reliable Korean car.

This is the reason I bought another one, and for the fabulous deal I got with the dealer (the trade in deal on my 54 reg Picanto was stunning, as I initially paid £5600 and was given back £4000 after three full years of use - under a loyalty promotion - wow!!)

General Comments:

You get plenty of spec for your money (including air con and MP3 player).

The engine is a quick little gem, considering it's only a 1.1. My brother in his 1.6 Escort cannot match my acceleration and pace, and that's without thrashing the engine whatsoever.

The air con is great, and is like an ice box to cool you on hot summers days. The brakes are good, with a solid bite to pull the car to a sudden halt.

My only complaint would be the small boot, which struggles with a full load (but the seats are 60/40 split, so you can get around that easily so long as you have no back passengers)

If you are thinking of buying a car and don't want engine problems, quirky issues and petty faults, then I can honestly recommend the Kia as a reliable car to own. Plus the money you lose after three years is nothing, so long as you stick within Kia.

Review Date: 12th August, 2007

2007 Kia Picanto LX 1.1 from Philippines

Summary:

In the scale of 1 to 10 it's 9 so far

So far so good, as expected with the good reviews I've read in the web, it has far exceeded my expectations.

I had the original wheels changed with mags and it has made the car stand out from its original picture. The original looks cheap with the half plastic cap.

Nice dashboard and roomy from the inside. Three medium built passenger for the rear, they still feel comfortable.

Very easy to park, with it's size. But I still have not tested it's fuel consumption as advertised.

General Comments:

I am looking forward too many good years with this vehicle, I hope it can serve me well, office, home, school for kid.

Gas consumption has been one of my considerations, hopefully it will perform as economical as they project it to be.

With curves though I need to slow down a lot it's not like the standard sedan or the pick up that you could maneuver well even at a bit higher speed.

Review Date: 10th August, 2007

5th Sep 2010, 20:37

How's your gas consumption (km/L)? My family and I are planning to get a 2007 - 2005 Picanto Model.