2001 Kia Sedona EX from North America
For the money and options no van can beat it
1. Fuel Gage doesn't read full. Must top off fuel to ever get gage to read Full.
2. Spring clips on head rests pop off and won't fit back in place.
3. Fuse Panel cover falls off.
4. Knob on Rear Air fell of (was fixed by dealer).
5. Rear Hatch must be slammed to close.
6. Van has sputtered and died a few times after initial start up. Choke seems to stick or there is a problem with the computer/sensor. Dealer says nothing is wrong. Again, DEALER SAYS.
7. Sun shield light/mirror for passenger broke.
8. Windshield has been replaced twice and has a new crack in it. KY State insurance replaces for free thank God!
9. Minor specks of rust have formed. About the size of Pencil lead. Around windows.
The above items are pretty insignificant in my opinion. Yes, had I spent more on a Toyota I would be ticked. These items are purely cosmetic and can be replaced at little cost.
I like the engine. It runs well and we have been on several trips since we purchased this van. We were hesitant since this van was the "first" van made by KIA. The interest rate of 1.9 and 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty was tough to pass up. It's the 2002 model even though we purchased it in Oct. of 2001. We really like it and recommend it.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 22nd July, 2003