2011 Kia Sedona Reviews

Year of manufacture2011
First year of ownership2011
Most recent year of ownership2011
Previous carToyota Sienna

Summary:

Great value for smart shoppers, better bang for the buck over Toyota, Dodge, Honda vans

Would be nice if it had an outdoor thermometer and a trip computer.

General Comments:

I purchased the short wheelbase Sedona a few years ago and really like it. Like it so much that we just got a 2011 long base LX, and it's great. Zippy handling with plenty of feedback. Back up camera, bluetooth, rear sensors, power dual slide doors, XM radio all standard. 10 year powertrain warranty. Only a fool would pay $5,000 more for the same thing from Honda, Dodge or Toyota.

No, I am not a dealer either. Just an experienced minivan driver.

I've had two Caravans (transmissions and A/C go out at 70k miles) and traded in my Toyota Sienna to get the Kia. The Sienna was like a big sled in the snow. No traction even with new tires. Not safe.

Kia is up and coming. It's just the way to go for the smart shopper.

Review Date: 11th February, 2011

2011 Kia Sedona EX 3.5 from North America

Model year2011
Year of manufacture2010
Previous carVolkswagen Jetta

Summary:

It's a great, spacious, powerful mini van, packed with lots of features for your $$

None.

General Comments:

I recently test drove a 2011 Kia Sedona EX with cloth seats. I would say the overall look of the van is a bit dated, but I think it still looks go. It looks like a minivan... not as exciting as the radical new Honda and Toyota vans.

The van is spacious inside, and the seats were adequately comfortable, but not luxurious. I am not sure if the leather option would make it feel more comfortable. The van felt like it had a mixture of decent quality and lower quality interior materials, but I didn't feel like I was in a cheap car.

On the test drive, the 3.5 engine pulled strong; I was quite surprised by the power it had. It definitely had more power than the Town and Country with the base 6 in it. It rode smooth, quiet, and actually I was surprised by the handling. It handled better than the Town and Country I had rented.

I plan to buy a minivan in the near future, and I would definitely consider the Sedona, in fact right now the Sedona is the only van on my short list. Since the price for what you get feels really nice on my wallet, I would not be ashamed of driving a Kia Sedona over the other makers.

I think Kia has come a long way, and in order to keep costs lower, I will accept slightly cheaper materials here and there. And with the 100k warranty, I would feel even more secure.

Lastly it is the safest minivan on the market... period! And if you have kids, that should be more important to you than anything. If image is important to you, then why are you buying a minivan anyways?

Review Date: 25th January, 2011

25th Jan 2011, 19:16

This sounds like it was written by a KIA dealer. The review would be much more useful if the writer actually owned the vehicle, and could report on any faults that may show up through the period of ownership.

1st Feb 2011, 23:11

I am not a Kia dealer, just expressing my opinions on the van I test rode. I have been test riding other vans, and while the Toyota and Hondas are really nice, for the money and what I would need a minivan for, the Sedona is great for me. It's funny. Every time someone says something positive, the Kia haters like to claim it's a dealer writing the reviews... :)