2004 Kia Spectra LS 1.8 Gas from North America

Summary:

Not worth the price especially on resale

Check engine light comes on intermittently. Have had the dealer "fix" it three times. Each time I have been told it was a different problem. Just had it fixed about 1 month ago; told the problem was the transmission modulator. Check engine light came on again last night (12/12/05).

Car use to occasionally refuse to shift out of 2nd gear; but that seems to have "fixed" itself.

General Comments:

Generally rides OK; wouldn't want to take it on a long trip (300-500 miles)

Review Date: 13th December, 2005

2004 Kia Spectra EX 2.0 from North America

Summary:

Very good buy for the money

Had a minor problem with speedometer, but its OK now.

General Comments:

Runs very well so far. I will probably have this for quite a long time.

Review Date: 22nd November, 2005

2004 Kia Spectra EX 2.0 from North America

Summary:

The car is wonderful, Kias' service curse continues though

When I test drove the car nothing was amiss, but a week later when I went for delivery the front headlight had been gouged deeply. Also there was a blue mark approx. 3 in. long across the sunglasses holder. When I went to tell the salesperson about this I came across some exterior damage to the passenger side doors, it looked as though someone had opened another cars door and nicked off paint and left gouges. Then when I did say something it was quickly blamed on someone else. I did not even get to take the car home until three days later because the dealership couldn't access the registry computer and give me a registration. I was promised that they would right all wrongs. When I got my car all, but the headlight had been fixed, that required phone calls to the dealership for a week. And when I did get an appointment someone had ordered the wrong headlight.

General Comments:

The car runs great. The price was right and all, but the salesperson treated my request and concerns with respect. Although the headlight wasn't ordered correctly, the service dept. manager took time to locate and install the correct one within the hour.

Review Date: 17th November, 2004

2004 Kia Spectra EX 2.0 from North America

Summary:

Stylish

What things have gone wrong with the car?

NOTHING...!!!

General Comments:

General comments?

I bought the all-new 2004 Kia Spectra - EX for only $10,200.00 USD, can you believe it? It looks, and runs great! I already own a 2003 Kia Sedona EX which I paid only $20,700.00 USD for under $31,000.00 I own two cars. I remember looking at a Toyota Sienna which they wanted $32,600.00 USD (That's for one car). To end this review... look into a Kia You'll be glad you did!!!

Review Date: 15th October, 2004

2004 Kia Spectra 1.8 litre from North America

Summary:

I would not purchase this type of car again

Driver window leaked water.

Front passenger window had warped channel run. Service Department left oil spilled on door and something spilled on seat. Did not clean up after repairs.

Engine light first two weeks of ownership. Told it was the gas cap. Reset.

Two weeks later, engine light is on again. Due to go to shop again.

Engine makes a fast whizzing noise when coming to a stop and I can hear something rubbnig under the hood.

Service department cannot guarantee a loaner, however, sales person was generous each time I called to give me a loaner from the lot at no charge. Of course when I went to purchase the vehicle, I was told that I would always have a loaner during repairs.

General Comments:

I am beginning to regret buying a Kia. It is my first brand new car and I'm not impressed so far. If they can determine why the check engine light is coming on and fix it permanently, I'll be satisfied.

Review Date: 21st June, 2004

5th Dec 2004, 14:21

I bought my 2004 kia spectra in June. I have had the car for 5 months and it has been into the dealership 4 times for the check engine light. The 2nd time I took it to them they told me there was nothing they could do. Then I took it somewhere else and they replace the throttle sensor. I just got the car back 3 days ago and they check engine like came back on less than 24 hours after I got the car back for the 4th time. It stayed for for about a day and hasn't come back on since. Hopefully it will stay off for good now. The corporate office of kia has been no help and they act like they don't really care. I can't believe this... drives me crazy.