1995 Lexus ES Reviews

Year of manufacture1994
First year of ownership2010
Most recent year of ownership2011
Previous carLexus ES300

Summary:

Love it -- again!

Purchased 8 months ago, nothing has gone wrong yet.

General Comments:

I previously had a 1993 ES300, which I drove for almost 5 years until it was destroyed when my garage burnt to the ground. It had 205K on it at that time. I was very distressed when this car was destroyed, because I really liked it, and didn't think I would be able to afford another (we buy used cars and pay cash for them in my household).

About 6 weeks after this fire, and having not seen any vehicle I was interested in, because I was so spoiled by my previous Lexus, I found one 2 years newer with almost 60K less mileage in excellent condition -- same color, same interior, a few more features (like heated driver's seat and outside temperature indicator). I went to see it, and immediately purchased it.

So far no problems at all -- it was very well taken care of, and I was the 3rd owner.

Can't say enough good things about it -- it's over 15 years old and runs great -- smooth transmission shifting and very quiet interior. I know I was very lucky to have one this.

Review Date: 12th March, 2011

1995 Lexus ES 300 from North America

Model year1995
Previous carToyota Camry

Alternator.

General Comments:

This is the smoothest ride I have ever experienced in my life. It's like butter. The suspension is excellent. The stereo is excellent. I will need new tires soon, but that's light stuff. They will probably make the ride even better.

Review Date: 12th October, 2005

1995 Lexus ES 300 from North America

First year of ownership1995
Most recent year of ownership2000

Summary:

Too slow

Electrical problems mostly. The thing is that it costs a fortune to keep these things up.

General Comments:

Lexus isn't as great as you would think.

Review Date: 19th June, 2000

24th Jul 2001, 22:54

Why would someone say that a car is over rated, over priced and still continue to make payments for five years???

29th May 2009, 02:50

I agree with that, only if your ES300 is 1993 or 1994 (overheating problems, electrical fan, iron block) - it looks like Japanese were learning - every beginning is hard. But THEY really made it, 1995 (electrical fan replaced with hydraulic, overheating gone, aluminum block, variable valve timing) and newer are excellent in reliability.

I'm an owner of 1995 and I'd go for 1999-2001 model as the next car. The only thing is, so called open loop, it revs really high when cold (1800rpm for direct injected engine), but you can find those cars with 400.000 miles. Some people report problems with IAC and sludge in intake. Every car has it, it's chemistry, normal, carbon and dust will get inside over time. Just need to be cleaned sometimes (Wynn's DIP3 or SEA-FOAM).

Don't listen to opinions of those people, who ignore required maintenance. Despite it's now old car, you don't need to repair or mess-up with anything special, and I think you really shouldn't. Some individuals reported, that they changed and renewed "everything", now - they can't even start it - or something worse.

My recommendation: change fluids/oils more regularly, clean the air filter with air pressure and vacuum air filter box, use better quality parts (some aftermarket are better than original, and you don't need to spend that much), check for cracks/boots/stabilizer (sway bar) bushings and linkages.

29th May 2009, 17:26

Why would the reviewer say that the car is "Too Slow" and then give it a 10 out of 10 in performance?

1995 Lexus ES 300 3.0 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.0

Nothing.

General Comments:

Silkiest, smoothest car ever owned (including a Bentley). This car changed gear at 117 mph, never made it to the top end. It whooshed along like it was on a Sunday drive.

Review Date: 7th February, 1999