1995 Lexus LS Reviews - Page 4 of 4

1995 Lexus LS 400 from North America

Model year1995
Year of manufacture1995
Previous carChrysler 300M

Summary:

Classical and Sexy

Nothing other than a piece of plastic from a muffler cover underneath the car fell and began dragging on the ground and making an annoying noise.

General Comments:

This car is classy and classic. Never mind that it's ten years old. I still feel like a King and I feel very much in style in 10 year old Lex!

Review Date: 12th October, 2005

1995 Lexus LS 400 4 liter V8 from North America

Model year1995
Year of manufacture1995
Engine and transmission 4 liter V8 Automatic
Previous carChrysler Stratus

Summary:

A nearly ideal luxury sedan

The radio antenna needed to be replaced.

One seat belt was not fully tensioning and had to be replaced.

General Comments:

This is a near-perfect luxo cruiser. When I decided to get a used, high-end sedan, I tested cars from BMW, Mercedes, Infiniti, Acura, and Lexus.

The LS400 was my favorite. It is a quiet, comfortable, powerful, and supremely reliable vehicle. Even used it blows away most new mid-size and large sedans. Its looks are distinguished and elegant -- the very opposite of the showy exteriors of many designs. I like the looks of the LS400 even better than the newer LS430s. I only wish it had the newer Mark Levinson stereo system.

It has plenty of room for this 6'5" person and 3 or 4 other people.

No other car inspires such confidence even when buying a previously owned vehicle with nearly 100,000 miles. It feels tight and rattle-free.

The servicing can be costly, but is reasonable if one finds a good independent mechanic.

Review Date: 7th February, 2005

19th Jan 2006, 19:21

I'm looking to buy a 93 LS400 with 93000 miles. I found one for an amazing deal and I'm thinking about buying it. I just wonder if there's anything I should look for. I own a 92 SC400 which I love, plus it only has 75000 miles. Now the wife wants a LEXUS so I now have to find her one.

10th Feb 2009, 08:34

These are one of the best cars ever made. The 93 is ranked the most reliable and I agree about finding an mechanic that is on his own to fix it. Athough you won't need him very often.