2006 Lexus LS Review

2006 Lexus LS 430 Ultimate Package from North America

Model year2006
Year of manufacture2006
Previous carLexus LS430

Summary:

The Whisper quiet Japanese luxury cruiser!

Not one thing at all!

General Comments:

This is my 5th Lexus LS model. Since they came out in 1990, I have been proud owner of them. I had the 1990 model, the 1994 model, the 1998 model, the 2002 model, and now the 2006 model. None of the 4 other LS models that I owned never, ever, had one problem with them! And this one is following in the other LS models footsteps.

I am a chief cardiologist at a hospital in Boynton Beach Florida, and simply in love with these cars. My wife also loves this car as well. Mine is the ivory color.

Thse cars are ever so quiet that you barely hear the motor on them. I have the Ultimate package on mine, and believe me, the seats on this one are purely luxuriously comfortable.

Would I recommend one these cars to anyone? Absolutely. They are perfect for road trips, and also great for doctors like myself. Better yet, they are great for people looking for a whisper quiet, extremely dependable, safe, and very comfortable luxury cruiser.

All it takes is one test drive, and you will be a loyal fan like I have been of the LS models since they came out in 1990.

Review Date: 23rd August, 2006

17th Dec 2006, 00:02

Good Mercedes look! Reliable cloning without the panache! Rather drive a Daimler-Chrysler with faults...

17th Dec 2006, 12:41

Wow, no faults on a brand new car! That is the greatest testimonial to reliability that I have ever heard in my life!

1st May 2009, 17:05

I completely agree with the original writer of the review.

Those of you that have made sour comments are just jealous of the fact that Lexus beats German autos in reliability and resale value while comparing well in sportiness.

Now Doctor, do some patients have dark colored hearts and some clean looking hearts. In my religion, the sinner's hearts are dark. I wait for your response.

anoumank@yahoo.com.

24th May 2010, 11:44

What has being a doctor got to do with the quality of the Lexus? I'm not a doctor, I drive a Lexus and it's good for me too!

4th Jul 2010, 15:27

Maybe he's a doctor of cars.

17th Aug 2012, 23:25

I know, right? Doctors are such egomaniacs...

Hey, I'm a SERVER and I drive an LS430... LOL...

7th Sep 2012, 19:12

Ah yes, I too have one and love it. So does my dad; we can't fault them in any way. Like the old saying; "they do what it says on the tin".

The cardiologist from Florida obviously has a status issue. It reminds me of a friend who I met with some others for a few beers recently; he had just returned from a holiday in London where he was staying with an old schoolmate, and he continuously boasted that his friend was a surgeon... so much so that it eventually became irritating, I mean he stated it about seven times. To add a little spice and humour, I asked him was his old pal a "TREE surgeon"?

The LS series are wonderful, discreet and just flawless, I also drive my wife's car, which is a very sporty Alfa Romeo, when I want to behave a little on the hooligan side. I am thinking of buying a 3 or 4 year old LS 460h. Has anyone experienced one or can offer any comment or advice?

Take care everyone, and thanks for all your contributions; they are all well worth reading and educational.

9th Sep 2012, 09:31

The best in the series was the 2001-2006 LS430. They will never built a series like that again. There are still a few low mileage, one owner cars out there, but once they move to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th owners... they will never be the same.

Average review marks: 10.0 / 10, based on 1 review