2004 Lexus LS 430 from North America - Comments

28th Jun 2008, 12:39

I have a 1998 LX470 with 140K miles

The dealer has been good but expensive (200USD light bulb for example) Currently runs about 2000/yr for service as parts begin to fail

Have owned multiple Mercedes over the years but stopped purchasing when deal with Chrysler and quality disappeared

For the money today, Lexus makes the most reliable product but not particularly interesting one.

7th Jul 2009, 10:57

I agree with you, German cars are good, but not reliable. I bought one 740il 2000, imagine my ownership is not more than five months and everything went bad with the car. When I bought my current Lexus 1997 coach edition, I did not spend one single penny since the first year.

So I will let you judge...

29th Jul 2011, 06:58

Totally agree with all the comments, but not with the original reviewer! I own a LS430, and this is my 4th Lexus that I bought over the past 10 years. None of them gave me any trouble. I am so happy with my current Lexus also. It offers a great pleasure to drive such a smooth, elegant, reasonably priced vehicle.

25th Jun 2013, 04:41

Seems like you got a lemon! Almost all the Lexus owners I know (and I know a lot of them) are really happy with their cars. I own a LS460L as well, and before this, I had a pleasure owning 1990 LS400, 1996 LS400, 2000 LS400 and LS430. I usually keep my cars for about 3 years and then get a new one. In between I do take test drives of other premium brands to check my taste, if it's still the same or I wanna switch, and guess what, each time I end up buying a newer Lexus :)

27th Jun 2013, 22:48

"The transmission failed at 3000 miles."

I also own a Lexus LS, and these transmissions are built like a tank. To say that it "FAILED" at 3000 miles makes me not believe the reviewer. How did it exactly "FAIL"? As in - all the gears and/or torque converter were gone completely to the point of having to be replaced? That's pretty much impossible, or if it really happened, I would be more curious about how the car was abused by the owner than how it was made by Lexus.

30th Jun 2013, 01:45

I have an LS with 170k, and very true to the previous comment, the transmissions are bulletproof. Most luxury cars have some kind of issue at higher mileage; I have yet to hear of an LS transmission prematurely dying. Great cars.

Add another comment