1990 Lincoln Continental 50th Anniversary Edition from North America

Summary:

This Car has been too much to handle, I can't say that I would recommend it

I purchased this vehicle in the summer of 2007, for 1,800 which I thought was a definite God-send, because I am a college student with extremely limited funds.

3 days after my purchase, while I was going up a medium incline the air-suspension in my front two tires went out. After getting two replacement bags, the ride control light would continue to come on.

Since then the alternator has failed twice. The power steering fluid now leaks profusely, needing to be refilled almost every other day.

The transmission is going, and the car bucks when I decelerate from any speed over 20 mph.

When I purchased the car the speakers only worked on the left side of the car, now it is totally gone.

General Comments:

The interior of the car is exceptional. The seats and upholstery are all in perfect condition.

When the car is running, and not malfunctioning, it has a great ride and handles very well.

Review Date: 27th November, 2007

1990 Lincoln Continental Signature Series 3.8 from North America

Summary:

JUNK, unless you cut the roof off!!

The airbags are shot. That's all that went wrong with mine.

General Comments:

It's a nice car if you are old. I'm only sixteen, so it's too big for me, and it cost too much to fix the airbags.

Here is the best part; I bought my old car back, and a buddy of mine said let's turn the Lincoln into a convertible. I was like, what, no, then I got to thinking, let's do it. I got out the Sawzall and went to work. Now there is no roof, it is pretty cool looking.

I took my rims off my Sunbird and put them on it. People love it, they said it is one of a kind. Hell ya it is.

Review Date: 31st March, 2006

31st Mar 2006, 08:07

I'll bet that the structural integrity is just wonderful now, with good looks to boot!! Sarcasm intended.

31st Mar 2006, 10:51

I had a '89 LINCOLN LSC and it saved my life, twice! The first time, I was T-Boned on the drivers side, and the second, I was sandwiched when a person rear ended me and pushed me in to the person in front. The only permanent injury is a problem with my back.

However, it was the most unreliable piece of machinery I have ever owned, and I feel sorry for any owner of these vehicles because of the constant maintenance.

1990 Lincoln Continental Signature Series 3.8 V6 from North America

Summary:

Reliable

Radio doesn't work.

General Comments:

Best gas mileage in a big car I have ever had. Always starts. Easy to perform maintenance.

Review Date: 7th March, 2006

1990 Lincoln Continental LX 3.8 liter from North America

Summary:

Luxury with lemon effects

First it needed new ball joints.

The exhaust has had lots of defects.

The head gasket went twice, within 5000 miles.

Needed new struts.

New steering column, the key would come out at any position, usually leaving the battery.

General Comments:

Nice looking, nice riding, and very roomy. The engine was very sluggish. Gas mileage was not very good, like most big cars. Took bumpy roads nicely.

My next car will probably be another dodge. After this a Ford car will not even be considered.

Review Date: 23rd November, 2005

24th Nov 2005, 13:58

Hmm, this is funny. Ford did not start putting the 3.8 V6 in the Continental until 1988 when they came out with a smaller Continental built on the Taurus/Sable platform. I think you selected the wrong year. Also, I don't recall a Continental "LX" ever being made.

9th Apr 2006, 22:23

Yes 5.o is the motor to get. I own a 85 that's got 114,000 on it and never had any problems with it. well only a little oil and that's to expect its 26 years old. the 3.8s are no good I have had 2 thunderbirds and never get that motor. all fords motors are the same in the lincolns the thunderbirds and the mustangs, and with every car you need to up keep it.

1990 Lincoln Continental Signature Series 3.8 litre from North America

Summary:

Overall I would recommend the car, but buy it cheap

I have bought this Lincoln continental this spring. I paid $150.00 for it. It had been parked for 5 years prior and had been in a minor accident. I found it to be in overall good shape. picked up a new battery and it started up fine! Wow then the air suspension filled and the car levelled. Once driving it for a month I noticed the air system leaked and off to the mechanic it went. $1500. later, I had a one new rear strut and new air compressor. Now the DCL light comes on with a warning chime. The heater fan works intermittent. The clear coat was pealing off. I see that DCL means Data Control Link. I will try replacing the heater control module to resolve the blower problem. Also the main dash cluster if I can find one. The air conditioner is not working, so next spring I have it retrofit. I have restored the front end damage from an accident.

General Comments:

The car rides like floating on a cloud.

It offers very comfortable seats and back support.

It operates well and like most luxury cars offers all the options.

A little under powered, but adds to the economic side.

Review Date: 14th October, 2005