2002 Lincoln Continental Review

2002 Lincoln Continental DS (Driver Select) 4.6L from North America

Year of manufacture2002
Engine and transmission 4.6L Semi-Automatic
Previous carFord Crown Victoria

Summary:

This is a beautiful car!

I have had this car for almost two years, and I bought it brand new off the showroom floor. Not a single thing has gone wrong with it. This is the third new car I have owned, and the first one that has not needed any warranty work.

General Comments:

This is a beautiful car (black exterior/black interior) that turns heads. While I do get teased by my friends for owning an 'old man's car,' (I'm 29) their comments quickly turn positive when they see how many bells and whistles it has, and they see how fast it is.

I have the Driver Select option, so I can select how it handles and steers - from a plush luxury car to a more sport car handling.

Review Date: 12th April, 2004

11th Nov 2013, 22:49

Your previous car (Crown Vic) has a lower cost of ownership.

13th Nov 2013, 17:02

I can't imagine they made any less fun of you for driving a Crown Victoria! The Continental is a lot more stylish than a Crown Vic. Personally they were both nice cars IMO, and I wish we could go back to 2002; there were still a lot of nice cars on the market then. 11 short years later, there is virtually nothing left on the market that I want to buy. I will be 29 in a few months and am currently leasing a '12 Buick Enclave. I could afford to buy another new car, but probably won't. I might possibly lease another Enclave when my lease is up in 1.5 years, but will more likely try to find a low mile Cadillac DTS. I just really like traditional full-size American cars, and that was one of the last ones. Ford's offerings, while admirable, were just too old manish for me.

Average review marks: 9.0 / 10, based on 1 review