1992 Mazda B2200 Reviews

1992 Mazda B2200 2.2 from North America

First year of ownership1996
Most recent distance195000 miles
Previous carChevrolet Beretta

Summary:

Very reliable vehicle

This is a great little truck, and the things I had to replace at almost 200,000 miles. is the muffler and timing belt as schedule maintenance. I had notice some smoke on start specially on cold mornings, but after a couple minutes is gone.

General Comments:

I like the design and fuel efficiency, however, the parts are very expensive when they need to be replaced.

Review Date: 1st June, 2004

1992 Mazda B2200 2.2 from North America

First year of ownership1992
Previous carChevrolet C10

Summary:

The best money I've ever spent

Replaced thermostat at 70,000 miles. Replaced clutch at 192,000 miles (My option) becouse the pilot bearing needed replacing. Replaced the head gasket at 283,390 miles, along with the radiator. Great service.

General Comments:

This little truck has been wonderful for the last 12 years. I am looking to pass the 300,000 mile mark by the end of summer. It still gets 27 miles to the gallon.

Review Date: 29th February, 2004

1992 Mazda B2200 Pick up 2.2 liter F.I. from North America

Engine and transmission 2.2 liter F.I. Manual
Distance when acquired209952 kilometres
Previous carToyota Truck

Summary:

Overall - not too bad at all

The only thing that I have found to be wrong with the truck is the blue smoke at start up. I think that is the valve guide seals because it only smokes when it is below freezing, and only does it once in the morning.

One other minor thing is that the seat is damaged and uncomfortable.

General Comments:

I bought the truck for $2000 (Canadian). So far the truck has been good to me (aside from the initial start-up smoke). I find it to be powerful and fuel efficient.

I have heard a lot of good things about these trucks. I wish I had the extra cab model, but with the canopy on the back seems to be fine.

I had a remote starter installed on the truck - great investment.

Review Date: 24th December, 2002

27th Nov 2006, 19:36

I have a 1992 B2200 Cab Plus with an odometer reading of 290,000 kilometers. I'm not sure if the the glacial acceleration is caused by the high mileage, the extra weight of the extended cab vs. the standard one or a combination of both. What is the rated horsepower of these engines?

I've only owned the truck for six months and have yet to do a compression check, but even though there is no visible oil burning or fouled plugs I've noticed that this engine uses around one liter of oil per 1500 kilometers.

There's also noticeable valve noise on start-up until the oil gets pumped up to the head, even when the oil is at the full mark.

I use this truck mostly on the highway and have noticed that fuel economy is not quite 30 miles per imperial gallon at best. One tank yields between 390 and 440 kilometers depending on average speed. I expected better than this, even with the small tank.

Otherwise it seems to be a decent truck and appears to have been well maintained by the previous two owners.

1992 Mazda B2200 from North America

Engine and transmission Manual
Previous carCadillac Eldorado

Summary:

I give it a high economical bargain

I would like to say that the Mazda has been nothing but a great little truck. I couldn't have asked for a better work truck. The only thing that I have replaced on this truck is the muffler. The seat has begun to tear a little.

General Comments:

This truck is very economical. For $3,200 it is a steal.

Review Date: 6th December, 2002