2006 Mazda B4000 Reviews

Model year2006
First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission 4.0 V6 Automatic
Previous carFord Ranger

Summary:

Powerful and reliable!

Nothing has gone wrong yet since I've owned the truck.

The truck was a rollover when I purchased it, and is running great.

The front end seems to clunk sometimes, and I still haven't figured out what it is yet.

General Comments:

The truck is very powerful compared to my 98 Ranger.

I dislike how dark the cab inside of the truck is. They need more light.

I love the seats, they are firm and comfortable and keep your posture.

Review Date: 26th April, 2010

2006 Mazda B4000 SE+ 4.0 from North America

Previous carGMC 1/2 Ton

Summary:

Decent truck, but get the 5 speed manual

Nothing... Yet.

General Comments:

Truck is great to drive. The 4.0 V6 seems to have good power and pulls my trailer carrying 4 dirtbikes in it very well.

The seats I find really comfortable and everything in the truck is easy to get at or use. Quality inside is average I would say. Definitely not top quality that's for sure, but hey, the truck wasn't that expensive; $23,000 new with all the options and 4WD.

I have maintained the truck to a tee, including using top quality oils and such. Original GoodYear tires were garbage, zero traction in wet or snow, so I replaced them at 10,000km, I added magnaflow exhaust to free up some of the restriction, which did help and improved the mileage about 25-30km per tank, so quite substantial. A K&N system was also put in for the air intake and that helped too.

Mileage is still bad though. Hwy driving brings me 19mpg on cruise at 65 mph. I drive this truck very easy and am not lead footed. I can't imagine the mileage if you were hard on the truck

The transmission is the only concern I have. It truly has a weird feeling when it upshifts when you accelerate quickly, and often going around corners at slow speeds the transmission can't make up it's mind about which gear to go in. Just makes me really nervous.

When the truck nears the end of its warranty period, which is when my lease expires, it will go back to Mazda. A Honda Ridgeline is looking pretty good, but lots more $$$$.

Review Date: 23rd October, 2008

2006 Mazda B4000 SE Plus 4 X 4 4.0 litre from North America

Model year2006
Engine and transmission 4.0 litre Manual
Previous carGMC S-15

Summary:

Excellent value for your money and very reliable and well built!

Not one fault to this point (7 months old).

General Comments:

I've owned several trucks before, but my Mazda B4000 is by far the best yet. It has hauled heavy loads with ease including boats, jet ski's, and a huge Uhaul trailer filled with machinery from a wood shop. I was worried about gas mileage, but now that it's broken in I get my 25 m.p.g. on the highway as advertised despite driving several mph over the limit.

The interior is finished much better than a similar Ford Ranger in that all materials are of a higher quality and finish. To date there has not been one rattle to deal with or any mechanical problem for that matter either. I love the truck and despite it's "so-called" dated looks I still get many younger people turning their heads to take another look at it!

My only complaint is with the radio/CD player...it's display is small and difficult to read, especially during the day. The tires (Goodyear's) lose traction very easily on wet pavement so one needs to be extra careful on fresh wet pavement.

Over-all for the price this is one great truck that looks great, handles great, rides great and yet does all the things you want a truck to do with ease!

Review Date: 5th November, 2006