1995 Mazda Eunos 30X 1.8L V6 Quad Cam, Variable induction from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

A a much better car that I first expected, Stable, Sporty, Economical and Reliable, Just great

Slight head Oil leak @ 165,000 km from rear bank, Splitting of the plastic intake plenum chamber.

General Comments:

Great car to drive if you like using revs, as I have previously owned many rotaries this is not a problem, but a pleasure.

Gear shifting is smooth, quick and precise.

Road holding is exceptional for a front wheel drive car and is more than competent under all conditions.

The car is a pleasure to drive anywhere and turns heads due to the beautiful curves and sporty lines.

Review Date: 21st July, 2006

17th Aug 2006, 19:43

Hey I used to own a 1993 626 and was looking at a 30X. Is it an upgrade or should I not bother? Good review, sounds like a very nice car.

1998 Mazda Eunos 30X 1.8ltr V6 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

I did have a civic so this is a dream car!

I have only had my car for a short amount of time, thankfully nothing as yet has gone wrong with it.

General Comments:

I got my little RX7 look a like incredibly cheap ($5,300) and in mint condition. It's a sexy little white sports coup with automatic transmission. The speedy beast sounds like it has an after market exhaust system, nope that's just there stock sound. I've found they rev quite high, but when it reaches about 4000 revs you will know it. Unfortunately it is a little slow on the take off. Oh well you win some you lose some.

Review Date: 9th September, 2005

1992 Mazda Eunos 30X 1.8L V6 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

The sexy, small rocket

The car seems to use large amounts of oil, though no leaks have been found.

The seats are quite uncomfortable, they have no lumber support.

General Comments:

I love this car very much.

Once it has done too many kilometres, I will definitely try to buy another one.

It handles so well.

It has most of it's power in second gear.

Review Date: 16th July, 2003

22nd Aug 2006, 19:23

The Eunos Coupe 30x Is one of the best sports cars and the engine is designed for the body. A big engine in a small car. What more do you want. 0-100 Km in 8 seconds come on. The engine is the world smallest V6 1.8L with 100 kW of power. Can't go wrong.

1991 Mazda Eunos 30X 30X V6 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Very Troublesome, but sexy

Needed a new water pump.

Radiator needed to be changed.

Reconditioned the gear box when I first got it.

Changed the gear box again 1 year later.

Engine Mounts needed to be changed.

Slow on take off.

General Comments:

It's nice to look at, Gets a lot of attention, but very very hard to maintain.

Review Date: 22nd January, 2003

11th Mar 2007, 01:33

My Car is Eunos 30x 1995. I bought it end of 2005. I have already changed radiator, water pump, Timing and other belts, batt., now needs to change rear shocks... expensive to maintain.

17th Mar 2010, 07:12

Just purchased a 94 model with leather seats.

This was a quality car and some parts are still available.

So much fun to drive, 0 - 100 in 8.5 seconds if you want to pull 7000 rpm in first and second, and handles as well as any BMW or Audi. You can SHUNT WRX'S OUT OF THE CORNER WITH ONE OF THESE. Sliding it on the bitumen in the wet is so much fun.

Would love a higher top gear for the highway, but otherwise just a great car.

If you can get a good one and like fixing little things, go for it.

If you have a bit of mechanical knowledge and enjoy sourcing parts from wreckers and a bit of mechanical work, then this is a great project car for you.

1994 Mazda Eunos 30X 1.8 V6 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Excellent affordable sports car

General Comments:

Great car, excellent handling and driveability. I wish they still made them.

Review Date: 21st January, 2003

1996 Mazda Eunos 30X Sport 1.8L 24v V6 EFI from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Something that you can really punt!

Nothing at all.

Leaves and debris get caught behind the front mudguards which trap moisture. This might cause rust in older models.

General Comments:

I haves had no hassles with mine. It is a really fun car to drive and puts a lot of cars to shame when you punt it through the tight stuff.

You need to drive the car hard to get the best out of the engine as it responds well to being held in the high rev range. The down side of the engine is that it doesn't develop a great deal of torque, so off the line performance is a bit sluggish. Keep the thing above 4000 RPM and it will really boogie (mine has a full exhaust system on it, but no work on the intakes or the chip).

The car itself is very well appointed. The only thing I have added is an upgraded sound system with a ten disc stacker. The standard sound system was rubbish.

Review Date: 17th April, 2002

5th Nov 2003, 20:45

I Love my Eunos, definitely drives and handles well. Very Sleek and sexy and it has not dated at all. Go the Luxury Model because there are more features. Sun roof really makes this car and It gets a lot of looks.

5th Jun 2004, 04:57

The car is very hard to start off the line so I would not recommend this car to people that would want to drag from the traffic lights. I would recommend a 300zx for people that want to start quickly I own a 300zx now and it absolutely fly's.

1993 Mazda Eunos 30X 1.8 V6 from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

Good little car. Expensive to maintain

Calliper head fell apart on the night I bought the vehicle.

Leaking radiator at 150,000k.

Clutch has just about had it at 175,000k.

General Comments:

Overall it's a nifty little car that gets a lot of compliments, especially being black with black leather interior.

Review Date: 10th October, 2001

18th Sep 2014, 12:39

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if 150 is a good price for a Mazda Eunos water pump, 1993 30x auto, and what is the easiest way of changing it?

Thanks, Kazzy.