28th Mar 2008, 14:13

Rusting out in the United Emirates? Since when is there salt in the desert? Fishy.

29th Sep 2009, 14:11

Mercedes E class are good cars, and the merge with Chrysler helped the company.

5th Sep 2010, 15:50

I agree with you guys, this car is waste of money really..

Light wiring problems.

Gear problems.

Airbag problems.

Coil problems!!!

I regret buying it.

7th Jan 2011, 02:29

I'm a Mercedes 200E compressor user for four years. It's a perfect car. Silence, smoothness, engine power, reliability all perfect. So it's a big surprise for me to hear these kind of complaints. Rusting, gear problems... it's hard for me to believe. It has the best price in the second market.. In many countries it's also the best car for taxi's too.. Is all this possible for a problem car?..

Berner, Jan. 2011.

3rd May 2011, 09:03

I am somewhat surprised to read your complaint. The E-class 210 model was not a happy chapter for Mercedes, and the many corrosion complaints by esp. German taxi owners actually led to Mercedes-Benz' subsequent introduction of a 30 year corrosion warranty.

Although many E-class 210-models had corrosion problems, it is very surprising that this would occur in the UAE region, unless of course your car is regularly exposed to a humid, salty environment and poorly maintained.

10 years ago I had a 1997 E230T automatic, which was regularly exposed to salty roads (winter salting), but was completely rust free when I sold it in 2002.

Since 2004 I've had an E200T automatic, and it I've kept it as a family car because it's one of the most trouble-free cars I've owned. I had some minor electronics issues that were sorted by warranty - after the warranty had expired!

As for the 5-speed automatic transmission, these are renowned as some of the most solid and best engineered 'boxes on the market (Mercedes equipped its most powerful engine variants with this 'box even after the 7-speed box was launched).

I am sorry to hear that you have been extremely unfortunate.

Bjorn, Norway.