1995 Mercury Cougar Reviews

1995 Mercury Cougar 4.6 V8 from North America

First year of ownership1998
Most recent year of ownership2013
Engine and transmission 4.6 V8 Automatic

Summary:

Ford did this one right

Basic maintenance requirements.

Creaky noises from the interior.

General Comments:

Daily driver for 15 years now, and it still is quick and fast.

One of the best vehicles I've ever owned.

Review Date: 26th May, 2013

1995 Mercury Cougar LX V8 from North America

Engine and transmission V8 Automatic
Most recent distance112000 miles
Previous carMercury Sable

Summary:

One of the best cars I've eve owned!

There was not a whole lot of problems with this car! It had alignment issues but that was pretty much it.

General Comments:

This car is one of the best car's I have ever owned! The only reason I'm thinking about trading it in is because it is rear-wheel drive and I live in MI... bad winters. It has kept running great since I bought it! You do have to watch taking corners too fast, however, because it is rear-wheel drive, it has a bigger tendency to fish tail. I guess my biggest issue is the fact that it is so powerful, it makes me nervous. It did, however, make me feel very safe. I felt that if I were to ever get in an accident involving this car, I would probably be okay.

Review Date: 26th June, 2008

1995 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6 liter shov8 from North America

Engine and transmission 4.6 liter shov8 Automatic
Previous carBuick Skylark

Summary:

It's an excellent vehicle that I intend on enjoying for quite a while

The only problem we have had as of yet is that the previous owner had bypassed the heater core. Therefore my heater does not work.

I also haven't been able to get the oil plug off! But I will be taking it in to a shop soon.

General Comments:

I have really enjoyed the car. It rides very smooth. The motor is in excellent condition.

The only thing about the car that I have changed thus far is the exhaust. I put Dual Glass Pack exhaust on it. I plan on making further performance upgrades in the near future.

Thus far I have to say that I am very pleased with the performance of the car. My wife even intends on getting her one for herself within the next year.

My aunt had a 1990 Mercury xr7 that I had enjoyed and that's why I chose this car.

Review Date: 22nd December, 2007

1995 Mercury Cougar 4.6 V8 from North America

Engine and transmission 4.6 V8 Automatic
Previous carOldsmobile Cutlass

Summary:

One of America's best coupes ever

The transmission torque converter acts kinda'weird between 3rd and overdrive, but I knew about these issues with these cars before I got one, but I still wanted one because they're some super good looking cars.

General Comments:

Even though the front seats could have been more stylish or sporty looking, I'm amazed at how well thought out this cars' interior design is;in particular, the door locks were obviously designed so that some low-life couldn't slide a tire tool through from the top of the door and activate the power door locks. I agree, that discontinuing the cougars and t-birds from the 94-97 era was a mistake, those were some of the nicest coupes ever made in America.

Review Date: 10th March, 2007

1995 Mercury Cougar XR7 from North America

First year of ownership1997
Engine and transmission Manual

Summary:

I don't ever want another car!

The fuel injector suffered a mishap at just over 102,000 miles.

General Comments:

The Cougar is a wonderful car, quick and seriously powerful, capable of throwing you back into your seat if you just give it a little bit of gas. The distinctive body shape, along with the headlights (which I've always been able to pick out in the dark from a mile away) make a seriously unique car, with a reliable and powerful V8 beneath that big front hood. Most everything in the car is just how it was when it was bought in '97, except the CD player was replaced about 4 years ago. Everything is still working in excellent condition. I'm not trading her in anytime soon.

Review Date: 13th March, 2006