2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor XLS 3.8 Ltr from North America

Summary:

You will get much more for less money, check it out, you'll thank me

I know some work was done on it at the dealer, but we have had no trouble at all since we've had it.

General Comments:

I test drove every competing model out there, meaning every cross over suv. Here are some main differences and I'm doing my best to be positive.

Highlander: drove a little nicer, quieter in side.

Murano: very similar, I liked the CVT.

Mazda CX-7: Slower, tight inside (I'm 6'4) terrible back seat, good handeling, good fit and finish.

Honda Pilot: Much bigger. drove smooth, but not as agile, very nice inside.

Trail Blazer: not in the same ball park, quiet inside, but felt like driving a Buick, very poor mpg.

You will get the most from your money with the Endeavor. I is extremely comfortable inside, very quick, 17 to 20 mpg (premium though). The stereo is great. It corners pretty well for a suv and is one of the quickest ones you can buy 0 to 60. I pulled a medium sized Uhaul across the country and it had no problems.

Review Date: 7th February, 2008

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS from North America

Summary:

Saved my family's lives!!!

Other than a cooky CD player that didn't always want to eject the disc, I have no complaints.

General Comments:

I loved this SUV. Kids had plenty of room in the back. I had plenty of leg room in the front. My wife got into a head on collision with a Dodge Ram that was doing 60-70 mph while she was making a left hand turn (yes that's her fault). My two kids, ages 5 and 8 were in the back buckled. They were absolutely fine, my son said it was like the "GRAVITRON" (popular fair ride) because they did a 360. My wife did not have her seat-belt on (shame on her) but she just got her face punched my the airbag, and ended up in the passenger seat where she was hit by the other airbag. Everything from the inside of the cab was undisturbed. The front of the vehicle held up very well (thrashed to hell) and absorbed the entire impact keeping my family safe. I don't know how other SUV's would've faired, but if they would have been in my Ford Focus, my wife would've been killed or seriously injured.

I am so thankful for how it held up, I can't express it in words. I'm buying a new one when the insurance check comes in.

Review Date: 5th February, 2008

19th Mar 2008, 02:12

I would suggest you not let your wife drive the new one.

10th Nov 2008, 16:24

Thank you so much for posting this comment. I am 19 and I'm looking for a new SUV, and this made me decide to go ahead and buy this car. I have loved the outside ever since I've seen it, but I have heard mixed things. This has made my mind up.

2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor ES ? from North America

Summary:

A great safe family vehicle

The 6 disk CD changer would not eject the Cd's unless you turned the car off and then on again, sometimes several times. The warranty of course replaced the CD player.

The Navigation Cd's were not up to date when I bought the vehicle and often give slightly wrong directions or you may be unable to enter a certain adress. As of now 11/15/07 my dealer is not aware of any Navigation CD updates.

General Comments:

The interior is EXTREMELY roomy and comfortable. The drivers seat is especially roomy when compared with the Toyota Highlander.

I was disapointed when a friend pointed out that there were no rear air vents, and no dual climate control in the front, which I would have expected both on a vehicle with navigation, leather, etc...

The vehicle handles amazingly well in terrible weather. Those of us on the east coast may remeber the 2 larger storms on valentines day 2006 and the one a few weeks after. I am in college and while my friends were all shoveling out their vehicles I simply cleared some snow from in front of the tires and wind shied and drove through. I also drove in 3 hours of highway driving in the second storm and the car handled beautifully the entire time, even though the roads hadn't been plowed.

Overall I am pleased with the safety comfort and handling of this car as well as the fact that it is beautiful. I don't know too much about engines and that end, but if you are looking to move to a safer vehicle, from a small car, I would definitely look at the Endeavor.

Review Date: 16th November, 2007

2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor Limited from North America

Summary:

A great SUV for city, suburban driving

The daytime running lights do not work.

General Comments:

This is a great SUV. It is very comfortable to drive. It has superb suspension and rides like a car! The 05 models have a 225 horsepower 3.8L V6 engines. I think they should boost the power to more than 300 HP. The torque surpasses many other SUV's in its class, so, it accelerates pretty fast.

It is very roomy inside unlike Jeep Cherokees or Liberty. They have arm rests which making driving longer distances easier. It has a color LCD display, but no navigation system. This is a missed opportunity by Mitsubishi. The sportronic shift is cool. The sound system is pretty cool (7 speaker, 6-CD changer, AM/FM radio Infinity sound system)

Review Date: 29th April, 2005