1992 Mitsubishi Lancer Reviews - Page 2 of 2

1992 Mitsubishi Lancer GLX 1.5 petrol from Israel

Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission 1.5 petrol Manual
Previous carRenault Express

Summary:

Excellent value

Previous owner had skimped on the servicing, so a full service was needed.

We also replaced all the brake discs.

Apart from that there were just trivial things like a creaking clutch pedal, and a loose door trim.

General Comments:

Having been made redundant recently, I needed a cheap, reliable car, in great condition - but one with reasonable level of "comfort" features. I suppose that's the holy grail of all used-car buyers. But the Lancer I picked up really does meet all the criteria.

It cost me the equivalent of 2,100 quid, and I've spent another 200 or so on rectifying the little niggles: it is a ten year old car after all!

One thing that surprised me about this car is the huge amount of room in the engine compartment. My favourite mechanic says it's great to work on. Praise indeed.

Review Date: 31st December, 2002

1992 Mitsubishi Lancer GLX 1.5 petrol from Israel

First year of ownership1992
Most recent year of ownership1997
Engine and transmission 1.5 petrol Automatic
Previous carRover - Austin Montego

Summary:

Nobody should buy a Lancer

Nothing.

General Comments:

I really hate this car!

It is so uncomfortable!!!!!

It is cramped, you can't see anything from the small high rear window, and the fuel consumption is high.

Review Date: 23rd June, 2000

6th Jan 2001, 14:30

The high fuel usage could be because it'san automatic, I've got a GTI 16v which returns about 25MPG.

22nd Jan 2001, 07:14

Mine: it consumes one litre every 8 km, city driving with no A/C powered on, it is automatic.

1992 Mitsubishi Lancer GTi 16v 1.8 petrol from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.8 petrol

'Sticky' accelerator; jammed petrol cap.

Nothing much else.

General Comments:

Great fun to drive. Not many GTi's about in the UK. Anyone else got one? Also very reliable. 72,000 miles, no probs.

Review Date: 27th April, 1998

1st Jan 2001, 14:12

I enjoyed your review of the Lancer GTi 16v. I also have an '89 model, but mine is a 1600cc. Do you know how many are still running in the UK at present?

2nd Jan 2001, 09:06

Yep, I've got one 1.6 GTi 16v Saloon and I love it. The best thing is that I have had it for two and a half years and I have never seen another one.

1992 Mitsubishi Lancer GLX 1.5 petrol from UK and Ireland

Engine and transmission 1.5 petrol

As with other Mitsubishi entry, the front CV joints are very prone to failling and do have to be replaced after 50-60K miles. Only other complaint would be the exhaust tends to be noisy even when new .

General Comments:

Good reliable, comfortable, efficient and excellent value for money. Spare parts and servicing widely available and inexpensive.

Review Date: 12th October, 1997

8th Sep 2004, 07:20

Generally agree with review. My car is well built, robust and quite zippy for an auto (1.6 16v GLXi 1993). However the gearbox has just broken and is proving such a nightmare to find a replacement that I may have to scrap the car.

18th May 2005, 13:18

I have a 1993 lancer (1.6 mivec) and I am very happy with its power (200 bhp) and its performance. Until now I am very pleased with my car and I did not have any mechanical or electrical problems. My next car will definitely be a LANCER.