1995 Mitsubishi Lancer GLXi 1.6 MPI petrol from Australia and New Zealand

Summary:

An outstanding vehicle, highly recommended

Nothing.

General Comments:

Excellent all round car.

Very reliable.

Very comfortable.

Excellent handling, both cornering and at speed. This car has been thrashed, it's towed trailers weighing a ton, driven hard through the rev range, on gravel roads chasing rallys, and cost me a few dollars in speeding tickets, but it still keeps going, and feels and handles like new.

Review Date: 1st July, 2000

28th Dec 2000, 05:02

I noticed that my Lancer GLXi 95 power windows motor are not welded strong enough. I just brought it to a car repair shop and we saw that the motor and cable had dislocated.

With regards to performance, it's good!

12th Nov 2003, 15:21

I have my lancer glxi about 3 years and I am completely hooked on it. I put 15" rims on it and it hugs the road. I find the performance brill for a 1600cc and have done 128mph in it, which is pretty impressive.

9th Dec 2003, 06:39

You're all fooling yourselves.. I owned a Lancer before buying a gen-4 Prelude. I must say, it was the worst handling car I have ever driven. It would under steer uncontrollably in the rain even with Falken 205 16's. I have yet to find the Prelude to do so. I didn't think it was possible for a FWD to overseer before the front wheels let go, until now. Above that the amount of plastic in the cabin is somewhat a resemblance of a Korean heap that something that came from a Mitsubishi factory. Then there's the engine. Don't get me started.. That thing couldn't beat a civic if its life depended on it. Truly a disappointment.

3rd Jul 2005, 22:44

Hey folks, your satisfaction & car performance is lie on how your keep your car. If you treat your car like a baby, it would give you power & satisfaction regardless of what make & model.

4th Sep 2007, 05:11

PPPLLEEAASSEEE children if you really want class go for the old datto 1600...nothing beats the handling of a full rally suspension on one of those things. rear wheel drive rules...and power you can play with when a nice set of dellortos are attached...