1. Fuel injector replaced at 50k.
2. Starter replaced at 100k, and then again at 120k because I bought a junkyard special the first time around.
3. Gas mileage sometimes is marginal, but sometimes very good.
4. Frame rail at front engine mount was replaced because the steel was rotting out. It was rotting out because of a battery acid spill about 8 months prior. I cleaned out the engine bay as best I could, but I guess I missed a spot. Cost me ~ $500.
5. Some backlash in the drivetrain. I think it's from the transmission. It has gotten worse with time, but that's expected. The shock impact will cause the transmission / CV joints / etc to fail prematurely. As of now, I just drive it very carefully.
Great car if you maintain it.
Starts in subzero temperatures, though sometimes it fights a little.
KA24DE provides decent power @ 150 hp.
Gas mileage is somewhat of a problem with this model. I've concluded a few reasons why:
1. I've noticed that the calipers are a little sticky - moreso than other cars. Sticky calipers cut down on gas mileage.
2. 5th gear isn't geared very favorable for fuel efficiency. I should say the design speed of the engine could probably have been better optimized for gas mileage while sacrificing some torque.
3. Cruise control tends to drift or oscillate above and below set speed.
4. Gas mileage hits a "wall" at driving speeds over about 65 mph.
Overall, this car has been very reliable, though regular maint. should be done.