2009 Nissan Altima SL 4 cylinder from North America

The car looks good, but not made very well

Air compressor went out on the air conditioner.

Seams in upper interior upholstery separating.

Electrical wiring to interior lights fried and kept blowing fuses.

Very low center on the car, easy to bottom out on driveways.

General Comments:

I have purchased numerous new cars in my lifetime, and never had an AC compressor go out after only three years. Will not buy another Nissan.

Review Date: 19th May, 2012

2009 Nissan Altima S 2.5 from North America

The perfect sports sedan!

The TPMS warning light will sometimes blink, stay on for a while and then go out. Not a problem, just a bit annoying. I believe this is a common problem with the tire monitor sensors.

General Comments:

Great on fuel, I do mostly highway driving and getting around 28mpg at worst and 35 at best, although that was doing 60mph which almost put me to sleep.

The car is surprisingly quick for a four cylinder with a 0-60 time of around 7 seconds, which is quicker than most V6's. Love the CVT and semi-auto shift.

Handling is great, it corners well and feels safe in the wet. Interior is nicely laid out with everything being accessible. Intelligent key and push start take a little getting used to, although it is cool and the buttons on the door and trunk are a nice feature when you don't want to fumble around for your keyfob.

Overall the Altima is a perfect sports sedan with the added bonus of great mpg.

Review Date: 15th May, 2010

26th Sep 2010, 13:31

After five months and 8,000 miles of driving I love this car.

It has no problems at all, the Altima is smooth and quiet on the highway and is averaging between 29-31 MPG at 75-80 MPH. I love the look, speed and handling of this car, I just added Toyo tires and some nice looking Voxx alloys that give the car a totally sporty look and feel.

The Altima has to be the best 4 cylinder in its class! I have driven the sluggish Camry, rented the so-so Fusion V6, test-driven the rather average Accord and ridden in the extremely boring Malibu. So I'd have to say that the Altima is way ahead, and even quicker than some V6s.

2009 Nissan Altima SL 2.5 from North America

Great car, would recommend to anyone

Anti freeze leaking when I picked the car up. Was a loose hose clamp; fixed while I was getting insurance.

Rear speaker was rattling for months before my kids figured it out. Dealer fixed ASAP.

Passenger front door weather stripping kept coming loose. Third time was a charm.

Gasket on top of dash was sticking out badly. Dealer tried to fix, still same way. Have to remove window to fix. Have big stone chip about 1 week old, will see what happens.

Had another anti freeze leak, upper radiator hose had very small pin hole (?), was not rubbing or touching anything. Took it on a 3 day 2800km trip, minimal loss of fluid. Dealer fixed that Friday.

General Comments:

Love the car, style/gas mileage/performance/trunk space.

Both boys in hockey, with careful planning can get both bags in trunk (hard up right bags), won't fit in an Accord, which is another reason I leased the Altima.

Put winter tires on, was a must, light is annoying, but after awhile, you don't notice.

Depending on how I drive, gas mileage anywhere from 39/gallon (trip from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay) to 22/gallon (stop & go in city of Winnipeg)

Kids love the sunroof, and so does mom. Rear seats are not the best compared to the Venture; no room, but how do you compare van to sporty car?

When I saw Altima on the lease list, along with the Camry & Accord, knew I wanted it. Have always liked the whole style of the newer Altima. My Mom drives a Camry so that was out. The Accord was a great deal, but it all came down to those hockey bags!

Review Date: 29th December, 2009