2007 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4x4 6 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Good performance with unacceptable reliability and poor manufacturer support

At 115,000 miles I started having my transmission problems with my over drive. After further investigation, I found that the radiator leaks coolant into the transmission via the cooling coils. This is a serious issue with several models, and there was class action lawsuit in New York for this problem. Nissan settled by covering all vehicles up to 80K miles or 8 years. I was out of luck because I didn't satisfy either.

I went to the Nissan dealer where I purchased it used and asked why they didn't advise customers of the problem and let them know. Their response was we didn't find anything wrong with the vehicle during our inspection, so there was nothing to advise. Nissan should have recalled all the defective radiators, which would have shown their concern for their customers. I have received the cold shoulder from Nissan and the dealer. I have had other Nissan vehicles with stellar performance, but when something goes wrong you get poor customer service. The repair will be in excess of $3K, and now there's the concern of future issues.

General Comments:

I enjoyed the power and response from the vehicle, with average economy for a larger engine.

I have had good traction in the snow, but kept good tires on for the conditions.

Comfort is average, with adequate instrumentation and access. Inside room is acceptable with good storage.

Review Date: 14th May, 2014

2007 Nissan Frontier LE 4x4 4.0L V6 from North America

Summary:

Awesome truck!

O2 sensor went bad at 14.5k miles and was replaced under warranty.

General Comments:

This car is awesome. It's sporty useful because I got the long bed, and it's pretty quick.

The only bad part about this car is if you are not on the highway, no matter how easy you drive the truck, you're still getting about 13.0 mpg. The gas mileage in this thing sucks!

On a good note, the factory exhaust on this truck sounds good, the truck look beautiful, the inside has many useful features, and for a mid-size truck, it fits 4 or even 5 people comfortably.

This is a great truck, and they are fairly inexpensive as well.

Review Date: 24th January, 2009

2007 Nissan Frontier 4x4 SE 4.0 from North America

Summary:

Don't purchase if you live in snow country

General Comments:

The defrosting system is inadequate for cold weather; the vents are in the middle of the windshield, not in front of the driver and passenger.

The exterior mirrors are always covered with snow, ice or rain; these should be hooded or recessed.

The driver's side has a very wide blind spot, and naturally the rear end is very light so it will slide out.

The arm rest is way too low and uncomfortable.

Just remember if you're looking for luxury, it's a truck not a car.

Review Date: 10th January, 2008

6th Feb 2008, 09:21

I also find that it slides out a lot, but the 4X4 fixes that problem... and all you have to do is turn the dial, so it's really not a big deal.

Sorry you are not enjoying your truck... I absolutely love mine!

24th Jan 2009, 19:33

But don't use the 4 wheel drive on anything but snow or loose surfaces, remember it is NOT for pavement and you risk destroying the system.

2007 Nissan Frontier SE 4.0L from North America

Summary:

This truck is incredible

Nothing at all in 10,000 kms.

General Comments:

This it the third review I've written on here.

This truck is incredible!

I recently put a Nissan tow package on my Frontier SE 4X4 CC and have been towing my 21 foot '07 Jayco Jay Feather 213 EXP travel trailer with it. The trailer weighs around 4800lbs dry and all loaded up it tows very well, struggles a little on hills when the tanks are full, but otherwise great. I did get the Reese weight distribution hitch and Anti-Sway bar which I feel are necessary for towing such a large trailer with this little truck. There is no squat on the back end when hooked up... The only complaint I might have is that gas mileage is reduced significantly when towing.

I also hauled around 2500lbs of paving stones, for a short distance and there was considerable squat on the back end, but no bottoming out even on bumpy roads - not something I would suggest as it's tough on the suspension, but it's nice to know I CAN haul like that for short distances if needed.

While driving freely, the ride is smooth, very quiet (I did get that rubber spray on the underside of the truck mind you) and all-around comfortable.

The dealer was great, very flexible with pricing and options, nice people and added bonuses like the car care workshop and included full roadside assistance are a nice touch.

I haven't had to take it back to the shop except to have the tow package installed and for an oil change - nothing has gone wrong so far in the 10,000kms I have put on it.

I haven't done any hardcore 4x4ing as I am running the stock tires, but I have done some good mudding and light trail riding and all-in-all the truck performs very well.

Downsides would be that with an infant seat in the back there is little room left for passengers back there, and the turning radius is kind of crappy... Not good for when you're out on a trail ride and end up in a dead end that's not big enough to turn around in or in a small parking lot.

Other than that though I really love this truck, it is great on gas, easy on the eyes, the stock stereo is great, the towing/hauling capabilities are incredible for a light-duty, it accelerates very quickly on flat road in any gear (even 6th!)... I would recommend it 100% for anyone considering purchasing it.

Review Date: 24th June, 2007

4th Feb 2009, 21:12

I also have a 2007 Frontier and use it to tow my snowmobile trailer. It tows very nicely but as you stated it does struggle on hills.

The only complaint is that the mirrors are very small and do not allow visibility around my trailer. If anyone knows a good set of extended mirrors let me know.