1989 Nissan Hardbody Pickup King Cab Don't remember from North America

Good hunting truck

Your basic things that go out over time, starter, alternator replaced once, total brake job.

General Comments:

I miss this truck. It was very reliable. I now own a newer truck and I miss the lower 4 low gears this Nissan had. This vehicle was never garaged and was showing rust, but it was perfect to 4x4 and abuse and use as a 4x4 truck.

I wish I would have invested in the timing belt and brake job it needed when I sold it, and just kept it as an extra vehicle.

Review Date: 6th June, 2009

1989 Nissan Hardbody Pickup 2.4 dual plug L-4 from North America

Best truck you could buy.. reliable and hard to kill

Clutch slave cylinder busted on the highway at 200,000.

Starter relay busted at 200,010.

Rust on bed and possibly on cab bolts.

A/C doesn't work.

General Comments:

Aw man, where do I start!!! When I was a kid my dad had an 88 Hard body 4x4. The A/C was rusted out, the tailgate fell off completely, the doors were falling off, and the V-6 had a hole on the muffler so you could hear it a mile away! But it moved us across 2 states.

Sadly we had to sell it a few years back due to my dad losing his job and us needing food money so... I spent the next few years looking for another hard body, when one day on my way walking to work, I see my nice little white hard body sitting in front of a ma and pa dealer.

I asked him how much he wanted for it... so he told me about 3,200, well needless to say I almost S#@t bricks right there so I told him thanks but no thanks, and started to walk off.. but.. as I was about to leave he stopped me and told me..."tell you what... if you bring me a hundred dollars down.. today before I close.. I'll sell it to you for 1,200". Needless to say I couldn't wait for my pay check to get in so I got my check. So after about 2 months I paid my baby off.. and the truck is just as good if not better than my dad's old one.. it has never left me stranded and it's the safest truck I've owned.

The only blemish on her is when a lady backed into me with her brand new F-150 and she totaled her bumper tailgate tail light and muffler.. all I needed was a marker light and a scratch remover... so if you are thinking about a Nissan truck... BUY one, they will last you!

Review Date: 27th May, 2009

1989 Nissan Hardbody Pickup SE6 3.0 from North America

Works pretty good for what you'd think

- Reverse lamp switch went out.

- Latch for tail gate went out/came off the tail gate itself.

- Head light adjustment brackets broke on both head lights

- High pitched whine from the engine just after idle at random times

- Oil sludge build up in oil pan

- Burns oil a little.

* Most of these problems are from the previous owner *

** I since then have fixed most of those problems **

General Comments:

I have owned the D21 I 2.4L, and bought this when it was in an accident. It is nice that this line of truck has so many smiler parts. I have a ton of stuff for this truck.

While it's not a fast truck. it gets around town and isn't too bad on gas for a V6. The truck is clearly a light duty pick up. since it doesn't have a rear bumper bar as well as a close box frame.

Overall this is a OK truck, and does a pretty good job of doing what I need it to do.

Review Date: 8th July, 2008

1989 Nissan Hardbody Pickup SE V6 from North America

Reliable, Reliable, Reliable, would buy one again any day

The original transmission was replaced around 150,000.

Engine threw a rod bearing at 260,000.

Starter at est 300,000.

Automatic Hub Broke around 300,000.

General Comments:

The original owner got 260,000 out of the first engine, and had a second installed when I purchased the vehicle.

Great size for a pickup, the extra cab gives enough storage.

V6 seems like the right amount of power, but doesn't get good mileage at all.

Maroon paint is faded and falling off, rust spots appearing in various sections of the vehicle.

Love it, ugly, but amazingly reliable for a vehicle with such high mileage.

Great 4X4 in the mud or snow.

Only one repair (starter) in the three and a half years I have owned the vehicle.

Review Date: 24th July, 2006