1989 Nissan Hardbody Pickup 2.4 twin spark from North America

Summary:

Endless!

Handbrake never worked.

Speedometer broke down.

Rear shock to replace at 150 000km.

Rust everywhere.

Starter gave up at 170 000km.

General Comments:

I bought this truck for nothing and it has been simply amazing. I went from one ocean to another with this vehicle without any trouble. I have never seen something like that.

It is slow, ugly and rusty, but it works well and cheaply. The engine is a gift from God. It has always started without complaining in the Canadian winter even without block-heater. It runs great and I definitely recommend it for people looking for endurance. Nissan forever.

Review Date: 15th October, 2004

1989 Nissan Hardbody Pickup VG30 from North America

Summary:

Great first automobile for teens

The last owner said that the distributor cap would get moisture and not run, but I've had no problems.

General Comments:

Great engine.

Easy to work on (mine is a project vehicle).

Body rust easily in the areas where the roads are salted.

Not very many aftermarket parts for this model.

My truck is on www.cardomain.com/id/fireant666

Review Date: 30th September, 2003

1989 Nissan Hardbody Pickup Standard 2.4 to the floor from North America

Summary:

The best bargain I could have got for what I paid

The fist thing that went wrong with it was the alternator went out, but I still managed to drive it for a couple of days with a jump in the morning.

Secondly, the clutch fork just snapped after the pivot ball broke off.

General Comments:

This is a great car for anything really, I went out in the blizzard, mudding, long trips etc...

The 2.4 engine in it has 8 spark plugs, which gives you the power you need.

This car also gives a great start in the winter.

A bad thing about it is that it rusts everywhere.

It can be easy to work on.

A good off-the-line car.

Review Date: 27th June, 2003

11th Mar 2010, 21:01

I have a single cab, hard body 89 Nissan 4x4 pickup, with the Z24 engine. The engine runs strong, it's just everything around it; horrible body rust, and I live in the south! It's got a 2 inch body lift with 3 inch suspension, with 33 inch Firestone Destinations, straight piped.

The truck runs strong, and will go anywhere I need it to. Until I have to put more money into it!

1989 Nissan Hardbody Pickup 2.4 from North America

Summary:

Great truck that will last forever

Had to replace the clutch, that's it.

General Comments:

This is a great truck. Runs great, handles like a car, and won't die.

It gets good gas mileage, I get about 27mpg with the Z24 engine.

Has lots of power. The 2.4 with 8 plugs really puts out the power. Can haul a box load with out even feeling it.

The inside is kind of plain, but it is well laid out. Seats are alright, lots of room up front. The king cab is mostly for storage, not for people.

Review Date: 9th March, 2003

1989 Nissan Hardbody Pickup from North America

Summary:

The best Japanese 4x4 ever made. Period

It never has had any problems as long as I have owned it.

At least not mechanically, as the previous owner left it out for too long and rats chewed up wiring, and nested in my heater system.

General Comments:

This car is a blast to drive as it handles great and makes great power.

It also gets great fuel economy, which is good for a high school student with no money for gas.

The only thing that I don't like about it is the cramped interior and all the plastic they use in it.

Also, since mine is a bare-bones model, it has no tachometer.

As far as the body goes, I like it's aggressive looks. Nissan did this truck right.

As far as performance goes, it makes excellent power for a four-cylinder.

Review Date: 23rd February, 2003