1991 Nissan Maxima Reviews - Page 5 of 6

1991 Nissan Maxima SE 3.0 V6 from North America

Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission 3.0 V6 Manual
Most recent distance201000 miles

Summary:

A really nice sporty sedan

An injector failed in 2001, and I'm currently replacing two more.

The oxygen sensor went bad.

Had problems with power windows and door locks - ~$150 each time. Ugh.

One of the Bose speakers never worked; stereo has noticeable static noise.

The clock works intermittently - I don't see any pattern to its behavior.

Antenna wouldn't go in all the way - had to lubricate it myself.

General Comments:

Although I did have some problems with it, I can't complain - it's still a very reliable car. Small things may not work, but it won't let you down. The bad thing is that the small things aren't that cheap to fix.

It's fun to drive - manual transmission with a 3.0 liter engine is NICE.

Lots of room - both in the front and in the back. Overall, the interior is quite comfortable.

Review Date: 11th February, 2002

1991 Nissan Maxima SE 3.0 V6 from North America

Engine and transmission 3.0 V6 Manual

Summary:

An unexpectedly fast car

I had to replace the clutch at 110,000 miles.

The speakers had to be replaced after 75000 miles.

General Comments:

This car is actually one of the fastest sedans that I have ever driven. The manual transmission with the 3.0 is a lethal combination off the line. My favorite is the fact that it is a Mustang-killer. Many 3.8's have fallen victim to this unexpectedly quick car.

A body kit is made and makes the car look amazing.

Review Date: 25th June, 2001

1991 Nissan Maxima SE from North America

First year of ownership1997
Previous carNissan Maxima

Summary:

A very quiet, powerful, high performance car

Antenna did not go up.

Brakes were very squeaky when I first got it.

After about 2 years the Bose tape deck stopped working, then the radio after that.

The wing was rusting off.

My transmission went, but that was me cause the 4 years I had it I never got a tune up and I never put transmission fluid in...

General Comments:

The car is awesome, it's my favorite car. After I sold this one I bought a 95 with leather and the whole nine yards.

I think they are a very powerful car, but expensive to keep up with... I test drove the Accord & Millennia, and the MAXIMA kills them all day!!! I'm telling you!! I didn't keep up with my car cause I was 16... but this car is AWESOME...

Review Date: 15th May, 2001

21st Feb 2005, 18:28

I own a 1991 Maxima, with auto trans. It has been nothing short of excellent. It has 311,788 KM's and is still going strong. I have only had one problem with it since owning. A small fuel line was leaking, when temp. dipped below zero. Dealership said the line was brittle at sub zero temp. Due to the age and mileage of car. The problem with the fuel line, had to be fixed by dealer as it required disasembly of almost the whole upper half of engine. It was frustrating, because I could see the line that had to be replaced, but could not reach it. The part was $4.00 dollars and the labor 3.5 hours. (Do the math) I change the oil faithfully every 5000k's.

1991 Nissan Maxima SE 3.0L V6 from North America

First year of ownership1991
Engine and transmission 3.0L V6 Manual

Summary:

The most reliable, most fun, the most practical, and the best buy for money, that I have ever made!

Replaced transmission @ 145,000miles, but new transmission shifts like a dream!

BOSE speaker amps blew, I replaced them for $80 a piece, and added a Pioneer CD player... AWESOME sound!!!

General Comments:

My family has owned this car since it was brand new, it has been the most reliable, most fun, the most practical, and the best buy for money, that I have ever made!

This four door sports car boast a drag coefficent of .32, and a first gear ratio of 3.285. This car has over 150,000 miles on it and can still kick some new cars and travel at 125mph+ speeds... not that you ever would... hehehehe.

Review Date: 20th January, 2001

26th Feb 2001, 17:35

I own a 1990 Maxima. It's a manual and the car has 150,000 miles on it. Now I'm told that I need a new transmission. It seems that many have experienced transmission problems with their Maxima. I think that that is pretty unreliable if you ask me. My mom drives an '89 Civic with 235,000 (manual) and has never had any form of transmission problems. I'm trying to find as many people as I can who have had transmission problems out of their Maxima 5-speed. Please help me.