2012 Nissan Maxima Reviews

First year of ownership2013
Most recent year of ownership2013
Engine and transmission 3.5L V6 Automatic
Previous carChrysler Sebring Sedan

Summary:

Sleek, sexy and powerful

The car feels solid.

At around 56k the power steering hydraulic system went out. Some people may get freaked out by that, and not drive at all. I kept driving for about 800 kilometers. It steered like a race car, although it was a workout in parking lots. The CVT sometimes shakes the steering wheel when the car is slowing down to a stop i.e. a red light. Hard to explain, but it feels like the car has a flat tire... probably due the power steering hydraulic system failure.

Otherwise, nothing else to report.

General Comments:

This car is awesome!

I was very skeptical about CVT, but once you "learn" it, this transmission is absolutely fabulous. It's all about knowing when to shift the stick around to Sport Automatic, Sport Manual mode or Normal Automatic mode. Heck, you can even engine brake by shifting to the Sport auto mode!

Nice distinctive design.

Review Date: 22nd April, 2013

2012 Nissan Maxima ST-L 2.5 from Australia and New Zealand

Model year2012
Year of manufacture2012
First year of ownership2012
Most recent year of ownership2012
Previous carFord Falcon

Summary:

This car may put the Nissan Service Centre out of business

Nothing has gone wrong.

General Comments:

The car is extremely comfortable to drive with the leather package. The ride is smooth and road noise is limited. The instrument panel is functional and the climate control / radio system sits on a slant on the dash, which takes some getting used to, but in the end - makes sense!

The auto climate feature is great, as well as the push button ignition system.

Overall, a really nice car that has needed nothing more than an oil / filter change.

Review Date: 24th December, 2012

25th Mar 2013, 20:16

I fix and repair cars for a hobby and make some money on the side doing it. This car is my wife's, and I am the original poster.

This car is the most boring for me. NOTHING ever goes wrong with it. I service it myself using genuine Nissan filters, and it runs on Nulon Synthetic oil. The drive is very smooth.

When it comes time for the auto transmission service, I will be in the market to buy Genuine Nissan CVT fluid, as I am told that anything other than that will void the warranty.

This car is not so popular in Australia as it is in the USA. I am not sure why, because when we compared it to the Toyota Camry (Australian Build), the Holden Commodore and the Ford Falcon - it seemed a much better fit for the wife who wanted some style in her daily drive.

27th Mar 2013, 07:08

To be fair, I wouldn't expect any 2012 car to have problems! But, then again, this is probably because my 2005 Volvo V70 hasn't got any problems - at 296,000 miles! Let's see what this car is like at those miles and report back then.

13th Jun 2013, 23:16

My Nissan Maxima is one hell of automobile; it's the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Nothing has gone wrong in the past year of owning the Maxima; it's very reliable and I trust it for hopefully years. Just a couple of oil changes and services.