2003 Nissan Murano from North America

Summary:

A beautiful, comfortable car, but not perfect

The alternator went out on my Murano. I've only had it for 9 months.

The windows rattle or better yet throb. For example if you open the back window, and you're going over about 40 mph, then you feel this throbbing in your ears.

General Comments:

I love the comfort and beauty of the car, but am disappointed with the alternator going out so early.

Review Date: 19th January, 2004

3rd Jun 2004, 10:52

The alternator is a defect for the 2003 models. It is covered under warranty. I had mine replaced as well. The only hassle was waiting a couple of days to get it back. (Although the dealer did set me up with a rental free of charge) The car still runs perfectly and I still wouldn't give up my Murano!

2003 Nissan Murano SL 3.5 V6 from North America

Summary:

The Nissan Murano delivers on it's advertised performance and creature comforts

I have had no problems to date.

General Comments:

Wow, this it the most fun you can have in a SUV!

The combination of luxury interior appointments and thrilling performance makes the Murano a great package.

Cruising with the 225 Watt Bose stereo blasting out my favorite tunes is the most enjoyable experience I've had in any automobile I've owned.

I shopped around for quite a while before buying this vehicle and found no equal value.

Review Date: 7th August, 2003

2003 Nissan Murano SL 3.5 liter from North America

Summary:

Best Mid Sized SUV Buy!

I have had no problems as of this date.

General Comments:

After owning my Suburban for 6 years I recently purchased a Murano. I love this vehicle. I was looking to down size (I still have my Suburban), but still wanted to maintain comfort. After driving the Highlander, 4 Runner, MDX, RX300, X5, and GM Trail Blazer twins, I found the Murano had more shoulder room as well as rear seat leg room and far better performance than any of the others I drove. I am not too concerned about towing (my boat weighs 2200#), but the 3500# capacity is fine. I have not a single complaint yet, except I don't know how I want to invest the 15k I saved by not going BMW!

Review Date: 8th July, 2003

21st Jul 2004, 17:57

Maybe you should look at KIA Sorento and save even more money with better options.

8th Sep 2004, 14:39

Lol at that last comment. Nissan is in a different league than Kia.

22nd Nov 2005, 09:41

With the Sorento's horrible depreciation, it would actually cost you more than the Murano.

25th Jan 2006, 16:15

We have 2 Murano's and love the cars, I had a KIA sportage and nothing then trouble. No KIA and Nissan is nothing to compare. I drove the Sorento and I had a plastic feeling about it.

2003 Nissan Murano SE AWD 3.5 from North America

Summary:

A Nissan 350 Sports Wagon

Car is new and has zero defects.

General Comments:

Overall the sport wagon is excellent. It gets kudos for the Constantly Variable transmission (CVT) and the sports car like handling. The interior room and comfort, including headroom are better than it's competition.

I compared this to the Pathfinder, RX300, MDX, Pilot & Highlander and it is far superior in all aspects, especially "fun to drive".

Review Date: 7th May, 2003

20th Sep 2005, 21:32

I've been trying to decide between a Murano and a Honda Pilot. I prefer the performance of the Murano, but it bothers me that it doesn't have the perfect safety rating of the Pilot. Tough decision when people seem so happy with both.

2003 Nissan Murano SL-AWD Gas from North America

Summary:

Murano is a perfect SUV

Nothing.

General Comments:

I love this care very much. It's fast, smooth, and quiet. It's a gas saver too to compare to the Pathfinder I had it before. Take a test drive and see for yourself. Only one thing Nissan needs to improve is the front end.

Review Date: 24th March, 2003

6th Mar 2004, 10:24

Hey... don't leave us hanging. What do you mean by fix the front end?

Thanks.

2003 Nissan Murano SE 3.5L DOHC V6 from North America

Summary:

Test drive one and see for yourself!

Nothing yet, but it's a brand new car!

General Comments:

If you know what's good for you, buy this SUV. Performance is stunning, and the design is head turning. I also test drove an Acura MDX, Nissan Pathfinder, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and a Lexus RX 300. The Murano was better than them all!

Review Date: 14th January, 2003

22nd Jan 2004, 15:56

Just wondering how the sports suspension of Murano SE is. Is it a little harsh? I heard that the SE's suspension is a too firm. I cannot decide between SE and SL. Your comment will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

17th Jul 2005, 09:57

Give me a break, you can't compare a FWD, rear wheel assist vehicle, the so called AWD, with a 4 wheel drive. When you get stuck in snow or mud and a Jeep or a pathfinder pulls you out you'll understand.

18th Jul 2006, 17:04

What a fear-based rationale this last guy is using - depending on where you live & drive, most people do not ever get stuck in mud or snow, maybe once in a while, but you are going to buy a more expensive and less efficient vehicle based solely on that fear?

18th Jul 2006, 23:31

A 2wd F150 was my commuter/everyday truck awhile back. I live in Maine. I managed easily, and have only gotten stuck 2 times out of at least 15 winters. It helped that I had snow tires and weight in the back, but that's how everyone should be during the winter.