2004 Nissan Murano Reviews - Page 2 of 2

2004 Nissan Murano SE 245 hp from North America

Engine and transmission 245 hp Automatic
Previous carNissan X-Terra

Summary:

Nice looking, but not the real deal in an SUV

Terrible gas mileage.

Poor visibility out rear window/blind spots.

Too low and too wide.

Automatic AWD not as good as 4WD in snow.

Inadequate windshield defroster/defogger.

Lousy radio antenna system.

General Comments:

I purchased the Murano after owning two Xterras because I was looking for more luxury. However, I was disappointed overall and traded it in for a Pathfinder after one and 1/2 years.

It was too low and too wide, poor visibility, and terrible gas mileage. I prefer a truck-based vehicle.

Review Date: 28th March, 2006

2004 Nissan Murano SL 3.5L from North America

Engine and transmission 3.5L Automatic
Distance when acquired12000 miles
Previous carHyundai Elantra

Summary:

Great car, dealer service is the worst I have encountered.

Windshield washer ceased to work.

General Comments:

Great car, stylish, comfortable, and good fuel economy for an SUV. Dealer service is abominable.

Review Date: 15th March, 2006

15th Mar 2006, 22:52

Why do they let such "detailed" reviews on this site?

3rd Jan 2009, 10:24

The biggest problem I have with the 2009 Murano is the poor air circulation within the cabin when the rear passenger windows are opened at 45 MPH and above. There is a design flaw that allows the incoming wind to create turbulence and a low frequency vibration that affects the ear drum. My car is only a week old when and when I noticed this and went to the dealer, they told me in not so many words to live with it and that the deal was done. I cannot recommend a Murano to any one based on this design flaw unless they want to drive with their windows closed all the time. Of course I still have plenty of time to find out other issues, but as of now this is a serious problem for my spouse and I.

2004 Nissan Murano SL V6 from North America

Engine and transmission V6 Automatic
Previous carMitsubishi Eclipse

Summary:

Nice looking, but should have listened to my wife and bought the Infinity

CVT (Transmission) replaced within 3,000 miles.

General Comments:

I opted to purchase this vehicle because of the transmission, CVT. I had the impression that it would perform at optimal performances at all times. I discovered that it lacks power and the transmission makes a slight annoying noise decelerating (coming to a stop) right around 25 – 20 miles. The noise can be clearly heard at nights when the road noise is down to a minimal. The one good thing is the vehicle does great on up hills and that is when the CVT makes the difference. Not too many up hills where I live though.

Another disappointment is the fuel, not getting when the specifications state. Normal driving with fuel of an octane 91 is only getting 19 miles to the gallon at best in the city. Highway miles, 23 miles to the gallon, but I can’t really say that is accurate. I will need to verify my results a couple of times before I can vouch on it.

The ride is a bit loud and a little rough. Meaning, you can feel the bumps, potholes etc.

Review Date: 19th July, 2005

2nd Jan 2006, 15:55

The gearbox issue which you are describing sounds like a basic trait of the car rather than a fault.

25th Jan 2006, 16:18

The gear problems were stated in the 2003 Murano's to be discovered and solved by the garage. We have both a Murano and no problems whatsoever. My 1st one I drove it for about 45000 miles and no noise in the gearbox at all.

2004 Nissan Murano SE from North America

Year of manufacture2003
Previous carFord Expedition

Summary:

This is the best car I've had in 10 years

The radio has been replaced twice. (non Nissan part to begin with)

General Comments:

I love this car!!! I have no complaints after 18 months and 27,000 miles. We flat tow a jeep with the Murano and it does great. I can fit three car seats in the back when needed or three adults comfortably.

Review Date: 17th July, 2005

3rd Mar 2011, 00:46

18 months? Ha! Check back in after 4 years and let us know how you feel after the driver's seat frame breaks and Nissan lies to you about their knowledge of the situation.

But wait there's more... How about your cracker exhaust manifolds that also caused the catalytic converter to fail! Fortunately this was followed by the engine's main bearing seal developing a nice $1,700 dollar oil leak.

Don't forget the sun visors that won't stay up or the terrific Bose CD changer with 4 dead slots. Hell, your car still has that new car smell; it's way too early to submit a real "review".

Nissan is also under the delusion that they're suddenly a European manufacturer. They seem to be in competition with BMW for exorbitant service, part and repair costs. Last time I checked they were a Japanese company.

2004 Nissan Murano SL ? (Not Powerful) from North America

Engine and transmission ? (Not Powerful) Automatic
Most recent distance2004 miles
Previous carBuick LeSabre

Summary:

It is a piece of junk that I am embarrased of

All doors have gotten jammed and had to be replaced.

Windows don't work.

Radio Is Broken.

Transmission is messed up.

General Comments:

I HATE this car. It is my dad's and it is the biggest waste of money ever. It is unreliable, uncomfortable, and UGLY. It rattles and looks like an alien spaceship. It is so embarrasssing.

Review Date: 9th October, 2004

11th Nov 2004, 03:55

So, don't borrow your dad's car.

23rd Nov 2004, 07:34

If you're too good for your Daddy's car, then get a job and buy your own! Like...Okay? Ohh... My Gosh! Not only that, I think they look unique because it's a new design. They have a sleek flowing look like a low-rider SUV! mmm'kay?

19th Mar 2005, 12:16

Pretty sad that someone can offer some feedback on defects experienced on a car less than a year old and be bashed for it because they may be young. Grow up everyone!

14th Dec 2005, 21:31

The transmission on my 2005 Murano, 8,200 miles has to be replaced. This is unbelievably poor! I've owned 20 cars in life. Never had this experience. I'm trying to find out how common this problem is.

31st Dec 2007, 13:30

I wouldn't have to own 20 cars in my lifetime if I didn't have a transmission out.