2017 Nissan Pathfinder SV 3.5 from North America

Summary:

An SUV that begs to be driven. Quiet, comfortable, and quick

None.

General Comments:

This SUV is quiet, comfortable, and quick. Bought used and have owned for one month. It will roll like a hurricane on the interstate with plenty of power to pass or cruise. The happy speed seems to be somewhere around eighty miles per hour; I can feel a speeding ticket coming soon. The Pathfinder wants to be a sports car, but the weight and body roll will keep it from zipping down a curvy back road.

The interior is good and ours has already had the opportunity to carry the full seven passengers. The second row seat adjustment helps out third row leg room and the fold away second row seat is easy to use, making the third row easily accessible. The remote start is useful on the cold mornings.

I will update posts over time, because one of my biggest concerns with a Pathfinder is the long term durability. I would like to have seen some recent post for later model Pathfinders on this site to help me with my decision to purchase this vehicle. I hope that my posts will help you with yours.

Review Date: 22nd January, 2018

23rd Apr 2018, 19:03

It’s at 31000 miles. Both headlights have moisture in them, the driver's door pops when opened, and the front passenger lock actuator makes a funny squeak noise. The tachometer is never steady and bounces approximately fifty to one hundred RPM. Sometimes I smell antifreeze when it’s warm. Maybe this can all be fixed while still under warranty. All of these problems make me wonder if it will go the distance.

10th May 2018, 14:13

I would have the coolant leak checked right away. You don't want it to be a problem made worse by holding off till the next dealer visit.

30th Jul 2018, 14:02

At 36,500 miles now.

The headlights have been replaced and it leaves me wondering how long this pair will last.

The popping door was fixed, and after the dealership added antifreeze, they said the odor of antifreeze is normal.

The RPM issue is still present, and I have noticed that the car usually hangs at about 1200 RPM when slowing down, which many times makes it feel like the car is trying to accelerate when I’m trying to stop. This nice feature is really noticeable in heavy stop and go traffic. The dealership says make a video of it doing this, and I say just drive it and you will see.

The newest problem is the air conditioning; on hot days the A/C makes a roaring/oscillating vibration noise. This is very annoying and causes the dash to vibrate.

I can only imagine the problems that this Nissan will have in the future. It is 2018 and you would think build quality would be much better.