2003 Nissan Primera VISIA 2.0 Litre from Finland

Summary:

Bold individual and appealing

Rubber door seal needed replacing.

Suspension bolts replaced under recall (see my review)

General Comments:

Early built car, but generally excellent.Comfortable, fast and very quiet. Wonderful seats and instrumentation.

Dealer service not so hot, after sales that is.Friendly, but slip shod and lazy, this was a disappointment, but clearly not the car's fault! It has decided me to change the car.

Anybody buying a new Primera will be more than satisfied and be a proud owner.

I sold it today as I've decided to buy a new model Volvo S40 2.4i have to wait for it, but offered a superior trade in by the dealer.

Review Date: 30th March, 2004

2003 Nissan Primera Acenta 2.0 petrol from Germany

Summary:

A great buy

Nothing yet.

General Comments:

This car have a lot of extra equipment, and you have everything you need such as ABS, trip computer, automatic air condition device, camera... Very nice driving properties and the cabin is very roomy, is relatively quiet compared to other cars in its class, fit and finish was excellent, but interior materials could be better. For price Primera is the best choice in the class of similar vehicles on the east German market. I am truly satisfied.

Review Date: 29th March, 2004

2003 Nissan Primera SVE 2.0 petrol from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Useful and intuitive to use

The car is now 11 months old. I have had no problems with the reliability of the car.

General Comments:

Primera with a six speed manual gearbox. The gear change is superb. It's smooth, fast and has a positive feel to each swap-styling is one controversial issue. As the saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. However, the inside trim is rather less inspiring. The build quality is rock solid and not even a squeak has made itself heard. Its comfortable, roomy and fast. Sound isolation is really good. Ergonomics are fantastic and everything falls into your hands easily. I am an enthusiastic driver and love the thrills of an entertaining drive. I've driven many cars, but none possess the overall ability of the Primera. The standard stereo is fantastc, however, a speaker upgrade seems to help things along a bit, and the steering wheel remote is mega useful and intuitive to use. Come on Nissan, you can do better on the sounds front. There are useful storage bins and cubbies all over the cabin, and the boot is a great size plus usefully shaped. Improvements - well, a 2-litre option would be nice to give us a bit of real performance! Would I recommend it? Undoubtedly. A very capable and underrated car!

Review Date: 15th March, 2004

2003 Nissan Primera Acenta 2.0 petrol from Croatia

Summary:

Best car I ever had!

Absolutly nothing.

General Comments:

I would recommend this car to anyone. Its comfortable, fast, roomy, reliable and easy to drive. The driving position is excellent. The seats are very comfortable on a long drives. 2.0 litre is really fast, quiet and quick on take offs, but could be a little better on gas mileage. Handles well and runs like a dream, the 6 speed box is a dream. A brilliantly made car which quality for the price is excellent! I'm very pleased with my car and I'm convinced it's better than its rivals.

Review Date: 11th March, 2004

2003 Nissan Primera SE 1.8 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

A really good family car

Rear passenger door handle cover became loose.

General Comments:

Excellent handling. The seats are comfortable. I would recommend the 5-door over the 4-door.Good to see proper ISOFIX child seat.

Review Date: 7th March, 2004

2003 Nissan Primera SE 2.0 from UK and Ireland

Summary:

I love my car

Nothing yet!

General Comments:

This is my second Primera. I have driven this car for 10,000 mil and I love it. Friends have been impressed with the car, they comment how quiet and comfortable it is. The quality for the price is excellent definitely recommended. Very comfortable and roomy.

Review Date: 29th February, 2004

2003 Nissan Primera Tekna 2.0 petrol from Germany

Summary:

Excellent value for money!

Nothing has gone wrong.

General Comments:

The cars reliability has been excellent and I have had no unexpected surprises. My car is comfortable and well supplied with gadgets etc, the sat nav has proved more than a novelty and works very effectively. In the last 6 months I have purchased and driven over 1000 miles in the U.K. and in Europe. In my opinion this is the best car I have ever driven in my 30 years of driving. I would grade it top of the range for comfort, easy use, room, gizmos, looks, and it is certainly a pleasure to drive.

Review Date: 23rd February, 2004

25th Feb 2004, 08:25

I like your comments. The sat nav, which is standard on the Primera is the best I have seen. Climate control, CD player, trip computer and reversing camera all good touches too. I'm very pleased with my car, silver Primera with a six speed manual gearbox.

John.

25th Aug 2004, 03:42

I am very pleased with my 2002 1.8 Tekna Primera. I have one problem of reduced vision through front windscreen when facing sunshine head-on due to reflection of curved fascia over speed & rev dials etc. Curious to know if others have experienced the same. Christy, Dublin.