2004 Nissan Quest SL 2.5 from North America
Not a good value for the money
We have had several problems with this car, as follows:
- There was a factory recall on the passenger seat and overhead controls.
- The rear door alarm goes off while driving. The car has been in the shop for this 4 times, with no success.
- This car will not start in colder weather. There is a "cold start" procedure in the owners manual, but even this does not work all of the time. The car has been in the shop for this problem twice, and is still not fixed.
- The automatic sliding side door sometimes closes on its own without warning, and has caught our son's hand twice.
- The tire pressure gauge is faulty, and has been replaced twice.
- The check engine light has been on three times since purchasing this vehicle one year ago. Service has turned it off twice.
We were excited when we first purchased this car. However, we have been sorely disappointed since. The van handles fine, but the other problems out weight the positives by far. We are attempting to get rid of this car as quickly as possible.
There is also a lot of road noise at higher speeds.
The controls on the center console seem appealing at first, but quickly become a nuisance, because they are hard to see and change while driving.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 25th January, 2005