3rd Jul 2007, 12:19
Got a used '04 Quest and brought it to the shop already 3 times because of the exhaust not in proper place. Check engine light always come in and go. Passenger door won't open - maybe sticky rubbers. CD player won't eject the CD; dealership told me that extended warranty does not cover it and I can't find any aftermarket cd player. Rep from Best Buy told me that this van does not accept aftermarket cd players. Changing the tires is very inconvenient.. you need to order it ahead of time and wait for 3 days to have it replaced. Always hear rattling sound from the back, don't know where... Is there anything else can go wrong on this van?
1st Aug 2007, 00:01
Just traded in my 2004 Quest. Bought it just off the line in October 2003. I loved the features, style and room, but the number of problems are now beyond counting. The items replaced and repaired since I purchased it are innumerable. This last item (the radio) did it in. I do have to say that the service dept. was more than accommodating. The dealer said he'll probably have to send it to auction to unload it.
23rd Oct 2007, 07:22
I bought my 2004 Quest used in October of 2005. It had 12,000 miles on it. It now has 62,000 miles. the only problem I have ever had is finding tires for it. It runs great, performs well (except for the tire problem... WHO is responsible for this!!!). I guess I purchased one of the few good ones that were made in '04. I have been well pleased with my van. Everyone that rides in it has had nothing, but positive comments about the roomy, comfortable ride it is. The kids love the DVD player complete with its own headphones as well as their own air conditioning controls.
14th Jan 2008, 12:24
We purchased our 04 Quest used in 2005. Loved, loved the interior room. The van drives like a car, with all the perks of a mini van. HOWEVER, not one journey in this vehicle goes without a flaw, or two or three!
Here is the list in no particular order:
- An ongoing issue with sticky door handles in the winter; simply put, they will not open if the temperature is cold.
We have to enter through the driver's door, which will open, but you have to push the handle down outside to close.
One dealer service dept. suggested we "blow on the handles" Yeah, right, and what about the sliding door that won't budge, "use a hairdryer!" Genius!
- The entire dashboard had to be removed to repair the broken heater - now every button seems to be out of place.
- The side mirror adjustment button is pushed in.
- Van stalled while driving on the interstate; so fortunate to be at an off ramp; glided onto it, sat in subzero temperatures waiting for a tow truck in the middle of nowhere land. Nissan found out it was a problem with the air filter. Stranded in an Upper State NY motel for a day, a day of our precious one week vacation south!
- Our tire pressure alert light is always on Nissan cannot figure out the problem.
- Do not sit and listen to your radio on acc. mode, the battery is drained within 5 minutes
- Power windows fail to work occasionally, and of course when it is blowing snow, or raining!
- Our engine repair alert light used to always be on, Nissan unable to correct it, it just stopped on its own
- New tires were very expensive because of the odd size??
- Back door lift, the interior casing has come away from the door, used to snap back into place, but not now.
- Fuse for the interior lights ALWAYS blowing and needing replacement
Oh I could go on, and on, and on, suffice to say we have ourselves a lemon. It is odd despite the flaws, I have yet to drive a vehicle so comfy and unique, within the same price range. I will follow up and let you know when I have rid myself and family of this fruit and what new vehicle won us over! Until then I continue on/in my Quest...
2nd Jul 2008, 21:58
I love my 2004 Quest... no vehicle I have ever owned was perfect. The uniqueness of this vehicle makes it easy to overlook it's little quirks. Thankfully, my problems were all covered under warranty. The only thing I don't like is Nissan Service People, they rarely get things right the 1st time, one issue had to go back 6 times to get it done. All in all I am very pleased and plan to keep this one till it dies!