1990 Nissan Sentra XE Sedan 1.7 liter 4 cylinder from North America
If you drive it right, it will last forever
- Had to replace the entire brake system
- Master cylinder
- Catalytic converter
- Starter motor
- Car also has a small oil leak and a vibration problem that "only" occurs if the car is idle in drive
- The headlight globes were falling out
- The front blinker covers were damaged and cracked by gravel
- The front bumper is hanging 1/4 inch down, looks like a fender bender
I currently own a 1990 Sentra automatic. Bought it in November 2001 for $1500. Car has 124k on it and was driven like crap (Nascar stop'n go 500) by the last owner. Lemon-mobile.
Don't buy the automatic version of this car. It has no pickup power. Very dangerous if you're trying to turn on a busy street.
I put no miles on this car as I work only 1.5 miles away.
It's fast for a old car. Can reach 105-110 MPH.
Other than that, it's a great car. Ugly, but a great piece of machine. If it "wasn't" a Nissan it would be in the junk yard right now.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 3rd June, 2003